Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name the Ray Bradbury Story
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 58

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Ray Bradbury Story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hello!

Since there are no takers yet, how 'bout an additional quote from the same story?

"He's travelled a long way around, and by his look, he's never married, but always travelled, as some men do, crazy to change their scenery every week, every month, every year, until they reach an age where they are collecting nothing at all but a lot of empty trips and a lot of towns with no more subtance to them than movie sets and a lot of people in those towns who are about as real as wax dummies seen in lighted windows late at night as you pass by on a slow, black train."

Also this story has gone by two different titles. Either will do.

Its a story that may make you smile and laugh.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Bradbury Enthusiasits,

Will post the title(s) of this wonderful story Wednesday if no correct answer is posted, then the next quote is up for grabs.

Be well.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tends to get buried, doesn't it?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep.

Hi,
The title of the Bradbury story quoted is " A Far Away Guitar" (BRADBURY STORIES 2003). OR its "Miss Bidwell" in the beautifully produced 2008 volume of Green Town stories SUMMER MORNING, SUMMER NIGHT.

Who will post the next challenge?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

posted Hide Post
Nice one, BT - it was definitely a gettable answer. I checked about 6 or 7 stories but not the right one.

I've had two turns recently, so we need new blood.

Posts: 700 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somebody, anybody, please post your quote. It has been almost three months. Thank you.

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
greenray, why don't you post one?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok.

"And if you wondered what Time sounded like it
sounded like water running in a dark cave and
voices crying and dirt
dropping
down
upon hollow box lids,
and rain."

posted Hide Post
"Cistern!" ?

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the layout of the text significant? (Is this a poem? It looks like one!)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi.

Sorry fjp451, not "Cistern". Good guess.

phil, it does read like a poem, and thought it'd look interesting kind of spread out.

posted Hide Post
I just found the answer by a simple act available to all members of the board...

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Well, I'm not too embarrassed to cheat.

It's 'Night Meeting' from the Martian Chronicles.

Posts: 64 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 17 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey robertp, you found the right answer. Roll Eyes
I think that exempts you from choosing a new line so I'll post another.

Name this Ray Bradbury story:

"He put his head down into his hands and began to fill the palms of his hands with small tears."

posted Hide Post
Brother,

Could it be; A Sound of Thunder?

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post