Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name the Ray Bradbury Story
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 58

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Ray Bradbury Story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerbell:
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogeryhwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

That's easy for you to say...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I defy anyone to pronounce that after a glass of single malt.

That probably is how I "would" speak after a glass of single malt!

http://www.beveragefactory.com...0-80120908140911.jpg

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerbell:

I defy anyone to pronounce that after a glass of single malt.

Or before!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The quote is from near the end of "Colonel Stonesteel's Genuine Home-made Truly Egyptian Mummy" Smiler

Posts: 700 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglasSP:
The quote is from near the end of "Colonel Stonesteel's Genuine Home-made Truly Egyptian Mummy" Smiler

What? The quote? Oh yes, we were supposed to be guessing where the Bradbury quote came from!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello douglasSP!

You are 100% correct! Its your turn!

--Brother Tarkas

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“All of Space was around them, all of the Universe, all of the night of the celestial Being, all the stars and all the places between the stars, and the ship moving on its silent course, and the crew of the ship busy at work or games or touching their amorous toys, so these two were alone with their talk, these two stood alone viewing the Mystery and saying what must be said.”

Posts: 700 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Knew this right away douglasSP, but I'll wait and see if another member gets it. Good one. Love the passage that shortly follows.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gosh, but you're good, BT - if I get another turn I'll try one that's REALLY easy, but which I just like a lot.

The cool thing about this quote - the one I posted - is that it fits another story exactly. I was hoping someone would guess it was the wrong story.

posted Hide Post
Great one, douglasSP!
I, too, know this one.
But, as you may have inferred from my infrequent postings of late, have been very busy elsewhere...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, three days and no takers, so I'll provide a clue:

This is one of a number of stories in which Ray pays tribute to other famous writers.

By the way, since no one wants to guess, I'll also tell you which other story seems to fit the quote: "Leviathan '99". That would not have been the correct answer, however.

posted Hide Post
I will guess "Forever and the Earth".

- Phil

posted Hide Post
An older story...possibly in Long After Midnight!?? I'm checking two that seem similar.

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil: Nope.

fjp: Much warmer ... Smiler

posted Hide Post
Is there such a word as "Shavophile"?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post