Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name the Ray Bradbury Story
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 58

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Ray Bradbury Story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Think Clint Eastwood ... Cannes Film Festival ...

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey! Clint Eastwood, 78 year old director, about to duke it out with Spike Lee at the Cannes Film Festival!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was supposed to be a clue to the name of the Ray Bradbury story (see previous page).

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any time I hear the name Eastwood ~
Harry Callahan: I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK. So think latest movie, possibly beginning with a 'C'?

posted Hide Post
OK. I think I've found the story, but I can't say I've ever read it as it's apparently in a collection I don't own. So, I don't think it's fair for me to claim to have the answer, but I'm not telling!
If nobody else comes up with it, I'll submit my guess and, if correct, claim the toffee apple and carry on by posting the next mystery quote.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go for it Braling II! If you're wrong, I'll send you a Blankety Blank cheque book and pen. (Ask Mrs B to explain.)

posted Hide Post
I think a Crackerjack pencil (ALL: Crack-er-jack!) would be a more fitting consolation prize.

(Another one for Mrs B to explain.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all the same, but I think I'll wait just a bit longer and see if anybody who's actually read the story identifies it by the clues...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By the way, Tink, Mrs. B couldn't explain (though I've sussed it out). Mind you, she came to the states in the late '60s...

posted Hide Post
Mrs B would need to have left the UK in the 1980s to understand the Blankety Blank reference!

If she left in the '60s, she should know about Crackerjack (ALL: Crack-er-jack!), however.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At top of her voice:

CRACK-KER-JAAACK!!!

Please refrain from saying that word, Phil!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
By the way, Tink, Mrs. B couldn't explain (though I've sussed it out). Mind you, she came to the states in the late '60s...

Pity! She could have won a mega-prize on this show ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnQ7V_194AY

Tink

posted Hide Post
Well, allright then. It's a new day, (a Friday the 13th), so, though I haven't read the story, here's my guess: "The Changeling".
So, do I get the pen or a cabbage?

posted Hide Post
Well?