Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Fahrenheit 451
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fahrenheit 451
 Login/Join

posted
What did u like about fahrenheit 451? What was ur favoirte part? Would u recommend this book to others is so why?

Posts: 8 | Location: Lemont,IL,Us | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really liked the font type. My favorite part was the lower-left corner of the book. I would recommend the book to others because it has a nice cover.
Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heh, heh....Translator, you're a funny guy.

Posts: 130 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LemontHighSchooler. Translator has burned himself out, I'd venture to guess. You usually get pretty intelligent responses here.

My question to you is, have you read it? Or are you looking for someone to recommend the book to you? I say, read it! If need be, skip thru it. Begin a chapter here, a chapter there. Go back to the beginning, and start reading the whole thing. Remember, the book was originally written in the early 1950's. Something here or there may sound dated. It's the overall book, in what it has to say, that is important, and is now considered an American classic.

Posts: 116 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What i liked about Farenheit 451 was that it took place in a different world than ours. It had different rules different scenery and most of all people who acted way and thought different then us. My favorite part was when the old lady set herself on fire. I would recommend this book to someone else because it changes the way you would feel if the world was acually like that.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like F 451 because it is a very interesting book.It is a weird society they are living in.Asociety where they can`t read and have to burn books is weird.If you were not able you read how would you know what is going on in the world around you.

Posts: 2 | Location: Woodridge,IL,USA | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i felt that the beginning of the book was a little slow and boring but as the story went on it got better. i dont know if someone else would like this book that much because of its slow pace in the first 50 pages.

Posts: 9 | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked the part when Montag is being chased. That part in the book caught my attention the most. I think that others will like it but they just have to have the time to really get into the story.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But the world described in Fahrenheit 451 is fast becoming our own. Wall-to-wall television. Shows of the Crime Watch variety. Is buying yet another cell phone with even more gimmicks going to make you any happier? Ideas not sanctioned by the media are dangerous. People who read books containing ideas not sanctioned by the media are dangerous.

Posts: 149 | Location: Ostend, Belgium | Registered: 11 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The thing that i liked about F451 is that is showed in a way how a society like ours could cenor the way we live without us even realizing it. my favorite part of the book is when Beatty handed Montag the flame thrower and and told him to kill him, as if he really wanted Montag to kill him. To the question of if i would recommend this book to others; the answer is yes but only the people who are of age to be able to understand the meaning of what the book is trying to say.

Posts: 3 | Location: Lemont,illinios, USA | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I hold the undying flame of Elendil, light of the Gardarth..." (Or something like that; from the LOTR)
Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked how the firemen made fire instead of put out fires. I thought this book was very different but interesting. My favorite part would have to be when Guy Montag met Clarisse Mclellan. Clarisse is weird and says whatever comes to her head. It is funny to see what Montag says in response to her. I would recommend this book if the person was older than I was because some parts and words were hard to understand. I would recommend this book because its makes you appreciate books. It also makes you sense what life would be like living in a government that did not allow books and why they are so important. Also, you come to realize that there is censorship going on around us but we aren�t conscious of it.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The thing that I liked about Fahrenheit 451 is that the author had written the book in a way that you felt like you were there. My favorite part in the book was when Montag had to set fire to his own home. It surprised me that they would have made him do that to his own house. I would have to say that I would recommend this book to others because of the knowledge that it provides and also the way it makes you think about life and what if it happened to you. It is also a great book for group discussion.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought F451 was a good book. I liked how it was written quite a while ago but to these days some of the things Ray wrote about are true or becoming true. I dont really have a favorite part but i liked the begining when Clarisse was part of the story. I would recommend this book to read. It was pretty cool.

Posts: 4 | Location: Lemont, Il, U.S | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked the book, "Fahrenheit 451" because it was interesting how they set fires instead of putting fires out and are still called firemen. My favorite part was when he started to try to read books! I guess clarisse got some sence into him! I think i would recommend this book to any one because its a interesting book, even though it was a little confusing...

Posts: 5 | Location: Lemont | Registered: 20 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post