Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Fahrenheit 451
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fahrenheit 451
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
i thought that the book was really interesting because it gave us a good idea on what the world would be without books. The best part about this book is when the fireman goes and burn down montags house.yes i would reccomend this book to other people.

Posts: 6 | Location: Wausau, Wisconsin, United States | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i guess this book was a good book. but i was forced to read it for a class but i would recomend it

Posts: 7 | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
reply to: I dont think that i would recommend this book to others unless you like books that are confusing. This is one of the most confusing stories I've ever read.

Its not confusing at all if you pay attention to details and think about what je says. I'm guessing it was jsuyt confusing to you because you skimmed over some parts or didnt pay attention to some of the really important details that are hidden int here.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Translator:
I really liked the font type. My favorite part was the lower-left corner of the book. I would recommend the book to others because it has a nice cover.
Cheers, Translator

nice

Jon

Posts: 40 | Location: st.cloud, MN, USA | Registered: 08 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I consider Fahrenheit 451 an excellent book and an interesting portrayal of a possible future. The thing is though, censorship wont even be necessary. Barely anyone reads anything worthwhile anymore, why do that when theres television to feed you? Id much rather hav the future be like this book where there is still pockets of resistance and the reason for the burning was the government, instead well end up jsut not caring about books at all and theyll all be willingly gotten rid of or lost in the basement. Society gets rid of the need for censorship by not bothering to read at all, why censor when you have people willing to follow the media? maybe some censorshi would wake people up to what their missing out on

Jon

Posts: 40 | Location: st.cloud, MN, USA | Registered: 08 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blondie15:
I dont think that i would recommend this book to others unless you like books that are confusing. This is one of the most confusing stories I've ever read.

Its all the funnier because your name is blondie, but yeah you are stupid if you thought it was confusing

Jon

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChumpJR1414:
this book is really dumb and i didnt like it because it had no point to it and it was really stupid and it was really boring...

I love how you say its dumb and boring yet you give no reasons why...

your an idiot

Jon

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mycroft:
maybe some censorshi would wake people up to what their missing out on

Great marketing tactic. Make people think someone wants to keep something from them and they'll beat a path to get to it to see what it's about!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i liked the book, my favorite part was when montag burned captain beatty. i don't know why i just thought it was strange how Beatty wanted to die.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post