Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Fahrenheit 451, Awful New Twist, N. Korea
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fahrenheit 451, Awful New Twist, N. Korea
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
There is nothing like the experiance of the first Lawrence book. If that was the case, then yes, Lady is indeed a fine choice, and I would certainly consider it at the top of your Lawrence list.
Cheers, Translator

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't offer anything as regards North Korea, but just wanted to say the audiobook of the Definitive Edition of the Diary of Anne Frank will finally be available in English next month.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AF ~ Heard this the other day:
http://www.pbs.org/aboutpbs/ne...06_pbsannefrank.html

"Diary of a Young Girl" is one of the required summer readings to be completed by my honors 10 students. Always highly dramatic and memorable...

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, it's been on my TBR list since high school, and since it's now on the local library's to-order list, I should be able to finally read it!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bumping up as Anne Frank is about to be joined by a lot of company from right here in the U. S. A.

<harvey101blind>
posted
what in the fuck are you talking about?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
that's pretty gross dandelion

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by harvey101blind:
that's pretty gross dandelion

I'm talking about all the people who will have to leave the country or go into hiding to avoid being deported, interned, or outright killed...if you consider that gross.

<harvey101blind>
posted
oh really?

i forgot enforcing border laws is the same thing as gassing millions of people... makes sense.
i just reaized why no one else responded to this, and it's not cause they agree with you.
my mistake, i guess we will see what happens

posted Hide Post
harvey 101. Yeah. Agreed.

I had the honor of teaching Anne Frank's writings, as well as Elie Wiesel's, for many years. Their generations suffered from having "no say." Our system worked. People voted. Get over it. Now, we need to help to be a part of strengthening our Great Country!

Let's stick to the life and writings of Ray Bradbury. There must be other venues out there to vent against the successful outcome of our Republic's enactment of its Constitutional Laws.

I may step away until the fumes have settled. It seems the media is confirming - ever child needs to get a trophy or medal these days, or they go home screeching. . .

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That isn't the point at all and part of my disappointment is that I expected better from people here, particularly teachers, and most particularly anyone with any familiarity whatsoever with atrocities committed in Germany in the 1930s and 1940s and abuses in America in the 1950s just to name two examples of many. It's not about a few people trying hard and losing.* It's about millions being deprived of any means of existence and finally forced to give up their lives.

Speaking of the holocaust, 1984 is happening. http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/...mparing-10610974.php Fahrenheit 451 is alive, well, and in progress.

*And for those carping about the "crybabies" complaining about the "legitimate outcome" of a "fair and balanced election," ordering anyone with objections to "get over it," YOU get over it! Wake up and smell the fraud! http://www.gregpalast.com/election-stolen-heres/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

<harvey101blind>
posted
bullshit like this is why trump one. i hope he isnt the evil guy you are making him out to be.

way to ignore all the emails proving the dnc stole the election from Sanders though ;(

it's not fair!!!!!! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

<harvey101blind>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by harvey101blind:
bullshit like this is why trump one. i hope he isnt the evil guy you are making him out to be.

way to ignore all the emails proving the dnc stole the election from Sanders though ;(

it's not fair!!!!!! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

won lol not one

<harvey101blind>
posted
[Message deleted and board rules being bumped up.]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

posted Hide Post
"Wake up and smell the fraud!" "...better from people here, 'particularly teachers'."
(I have always loved teaching. I have never dictated to my students of any age!)

Well...I'd rather go here for a "wonderful fragrance", just as I was taught as a kid in our back acres - working, planting, and learning! http://www.robbiesydneyphotogr...03/The-Magic-Duo.jpg

Here you go harvey101! Enjoy. I feel the breeze....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aCOMU6qpJI

Thanks, Mr. B!