Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Inspiration for lyrics
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inspiration for lyrics
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
More lyrics (in english from a swede...)

I had this dream
I was the world
whatever happened
was a story of me
though I wasn't me
I wasn't God
I was you and your dreams
and evolution
you and your fears
and philosophical systems
you and your songs
and religions and patterns
you and that god you invented
a rainy day in your grief for eternity
I had this dream
where I was your map
you entered my landscape
and made me shiver
like a piece of drapery
in the wind
in an open door
in a beautiful mind
denying the victory of darkness

Posts: 2 | Registered: 02 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like this, but you didn't comment on mineSmiler I think this poem has great potential, but as of now it is lacking. The opening is great, but you don't seem to consider all the possibilities; the idea of the world is boundless. If you can expand upon this dream then I feel it could be great rather than something where the idea overshadows the content. The flow is good, but another complaint would be that it is very repetative. I think by expanding more on your idea you may be able to break the repetativeness. Anyways, good luck.

Posts: 63 | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lena, having Grandparents from Halland and my mother being a full-blood Swede I only wish I knew Swedish. Several years ago we had a young lady from Stockholm stay with for a school year.
I studied her English-Sweden, Sweden-Dictionary quite a bit and I found it difficult to understand, especially with the alliteration marks, the "o's" about the "a"s and such.

Anna's English was very good and she said that she had been studying it for six years and that American Television shows were on all the time.

I just wished I remmebered how to spell Tachsca
Meca (Thank you). Can you help me on that?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: biplane1,

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Biplane,
"Thank you very much" in Swedish is "Tack så mycket", which sounds like what you're thinking of.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow...lol. Biplane you are easily amused. She wrote a poem and the thing that catches your attention is the drop of where she resides.

Call me ignorant, but I didn't even know that swedish was a language. I guess I live a sheltered life in Canada, which just started snowing todaySmiler.

Posts: 63 | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post