Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Folks who are inspired by Ray
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Folks who are inspired by Ray
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Within Phil's posted source:
The imprint’s name, “Simon451,” pays homage to Ray Bradbury’s seminal science fiction novel Fahrenheit 451, which has influenced countless readers, writers and publishers, and which Simon & Schuster published in e-book for the first time in 2011, along with other works by Bradbury.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frank Palumbo is inspired by Ray.

fjp!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Simply stated, "Thank you, Mr. Bradbury!"
Smiler

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Author S.L.Bradbury is inspired by Ray.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Author David Lee Summers is inspired by Ray.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Hi,

Nicole Meier, author of the new book "House of Bradbury" is going to be in LA for a signing at: Book Soup, 8818 Sunset Boulevard, West Hollywood, at 7pm this Thursday June 2nd.

I have read the book, which came out on May 10th, and it is charming.

Nicole was inspired by reading about Ray's house sale and later its demise. She has written a lovely book about a young writer buying the house (instead of what really happened) and how living there changes and inspires her. Even though Nicole was never in Ray's home she did her homework well and really captures both the floor plan and feeling of the house. Plus, she captures much of Ray in her story.

Ray's family read it and gave their approval before the book came out.

Just wanted to let y'all know.

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Bradbury had a very profound effect on my life. I'm an artist/filmmaker/composer and have been a Bradbury fan since I was in grade school - decades and decades ago. I had the chance to meet him at a book signing in San Francisco. I had no idea what to say to him that he probably didn't hear hundreds of times each day from fans and fanatics. The only thing we had in common was that neither of us had ever learned to drive a car. So, that's what I told him. He smiled that happy "Ray smile" and said "Good for you!" He then told me of how, when he was young, cars were dangerous death traps and that many of the people he'd grown up with never grew up to be adults. He was very serious and wistful telling me how those childhood friends would never know what he'd done with his life. He told me I'd done a smart thing by never learning to drive - and asked me to never learn to. He was quite serious and had me shake his hand on it. Now, years later, whenever I'm asked how a grown man can still not know how to drive a car, I tell them Ray Bradbury made me promise to never learn how. That pretty much ends the discussion. I mean, if Ray Bradbury makes you promise to never do something, you must never, ever, do it!

Posts: 2 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 01 January 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the board. All who survived 2016 are to be commended.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/K8a9eqkSqM8

bubbles " huge ray fans " just ask these guys. nothin f#c*y going on

but why?

Posts: 138 | Location: earth? | Registered: 01 January 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is there another spot this should go?

but why?

Posts: 138 | Location: earth? | Registered: 01 January 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/1vx3_2ks5qQ

pogo so beautiful

but why?

posted Hide Post
hey has the point been made yet that the anti fascists all wear black with red highlights just like...... the S.S.

but why?

posted Hide Post
If Gilbert Wilson was not a Ray Bradbury fan, the universe is even stranger than I supposed.

https://www.gilbertwilsonmobyd...nate-to-the-project/

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RAMBO creator David Morrell is inspired by Ray:

https://crimereads.com/david-m...finding-inspiration/

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Lyricist Bernie Taupin is inspired by Ray:

https://www.songfacts.com/facts/elton-john/rocket-man

Wow, check this quote from the "His Own Words" section of Taupin's website.

"Explaining the meaning behind certain songs. Someone once came to the conclusion that 'Madman Across the Water' was about Richard Nixon. Fabulous! How do you top that? Which is exactly why I prefer not to. Other people's theories are much more interesting and exactly the reason why it should be left to individuals to use their imagination and make something cryptic their own. I love that. Who cares what I was thinking? Having folks create their own scenarios for a song’s meaning is immensely gratifying, it’s half the reason I like this gig.

I'll be honest…with my shoddy memory a lot of those old songs are a fog when it comes to recalling their genesis. I could tell you one story today and a different one tomorrow and either one could be true. No, if you’ve got a theory about 'Levon' or 'Take Me to the Pilot that’s what it is and that’s how it should be. Once it’s out there it’s open season and I’m good with that."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,