Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Politics 101 or Attack of the Pod People
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Politics 101 or Attack of the Pod People
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
It was not new, or exciting, or any shock to me whatsoever that Trump got all the kooks excited. The only thing I find truly alarming is how many of them it now seems there are and how much absolute and utter stupidity and lies they are willing to embrace and accept as good sense and truth. It is not a "lunatic fringe," it is a lunatic middle with a very thin sane fringe around it. The only little ray of hope is how many school kids, not being paid off, are unwilling to put up with any more right wing garbage and are taking a stand regardless of who their protests offend.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
from now on im just gonna respond as if you're very clever and are using sarcasm. here we go

i know right!!! it's like sure you can protest but only if you are protesting for what your teachers unions want. see all the videos of pro second amendment kids having their first amendment rights taken. cause theres tons. i also like how you feel free to call people crazy, but when someone had something similar about you, you proudly deleted it. same old same old dandelion. hey are you one of those teachers that makes sure all the sheep are in line? if one dares to have an anti liberal opinion, what do you do? how do you punish them? do you mock them in front of the others and call them crazy racist conspiracy theorists? or are you more subtle than that?

but why?

Posts: 138 | Location: earth? | Registered: 01 January 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/w_vgu4ewxVc

i picture something like this

but why?

Posts: 138 | Location: earth? | Registered: 01 January 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/hVoY6So9B5E

i'll just leave that here. case and point

but why?

posted Hide Post
man if this is true, soooooo many US tv execs and actors and especially comedians are gonna go to jail.. and artists lets not forget. for serious anti catholic hate crimes. or at least in England anyway i imagine. my God the hate crimes have been happening since telivision and religeon existed. then again anything or anyone who ever deffered or hated. so since all of humanity. my God the trials. judge judy will be very busy

but why?

posted Hide Post
BTW speaking of concern of actual antisemitism and whatnot hate crimes... you seem to be missing a vaaaaast actual culture of just that. also anti gay.... also actual right now slavery.... anyone know who i might be speaking of, or am i just completely wrong?

but why?

posted Hide Post
Why are you posting this under Resources? If it has anything to do with Ray Bradbury, which it doesn't, it should go under "Inspired by Ray" or "Ray's Legacy".

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard for me to see a connection here with Ray Bradbury. I will just save myself some grief and not open this thread. There is far too much bigotry here that is not connected with Ray's political views or views expressed in his writing.

quote:
It was not new, or exciting, or any shock to me whatsoever that Trump got all the kooks excited. The only thing I find truly alarming is how many of them it now seems there are and how much absolute and utter stupidity and lies they are willing to embrace and accept as good sense and truth. It is not a "lunatic fringe," it is a lunatic middle with a very thin sane fringe around it. The only little ray of hope is how many school kids, not being paid off, are unwilling to put up with any more right wing garbage and are taking a stand regardless of who their protests offend.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There isn't an Off-Topic forum and I have no idea how to move a thread from one forum to another which would not make it any more or less relevant anyway if I did.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried copying and pasting a bit of this thread onto an MS Word page, and it worked perfectly, except that you have to widen the page. So it would be perfectly possible to remove the whole thing and make it available elsewhere, where the discussion can continue.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There may possibly be a way, if it matters. Should we ask Phil if he thinks it should be moved or should I just do it as I started the topic?

P. S. No one responded so I just moved both Politics and Religion to "Inspired by Ray."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

posted Hide Post
I think moving the potentially inflammable topics to "Inspired by Ray" is a good move.

The topics are oddly grouped, anyway. But as things stand, "Resources" and "Favorite Book/Story" are crystal clear, and anything else to do with Ray (such as the fate of his house) can comfortably fit under "Legacy".

That leaves the "Inspired" group, which I think is a good home for the peripheral and irrelevant stuff (which would include topics that aren't really inspired by Ray Bradbury at all, if we're honest Smiler)

So: good move.

posted Hide Post
Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding

posted 01 January 2018 04:55 PM Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
When did anything like that or anything else among your raving drivel ever happen?

Since half the members would call for me to erase your garbage and the other half would cry censorship for any editing, even of posts violating the rules, I will simply leave things for now and consult with Phil. Just be aware you are being watched and don't try to push it.

Hear, hear!

i just thought this was a great example of the very anti bradbury attitude of dandelion and doug. i know you are going to erase it but, here it is anyway. it's disgusting what you do in the name of a great writer. that is all.

but why?

posted Hide Post
Richard's post from earlier on the grant given to the Bradbury Center made me think of a funny story.

The post:
"It has been announced that Indiana University's Center for Ray Bradbury Studies has been awarded a $50,000 grant by the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) to help ensure the preservation of Ray's correspondence, manuscripts, photos and memorabilia that has been received by the Center, under the leadership of the Center's director, Jonathan Eller."

The story:
I posted this same item on my social media page a few days ago and a Republican friend of mine made the following reply: "It must not be very popular if it has to be propped up by the government." I didn't know whether to laugh or shake my head. I might have done both.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post