Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Clarise McLellan

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clarise McLellan
 Login/Join

posted
Hi! I'm new to this board as well as new to Bradbury. I just finished reading Farenheit 451, it was assigned to me for my English class. I completely fell in love with the character of Clarisse McLellan and now, for my Creative Writing class, I am wanting to write a past for her, leading up to her moving to the same city as Guy. (Does anyone remember that cities name?)Anyone have any suggestions or want to copy-edit/critique when it is done?

Posts: 2 | Location: Paoli, Indiana, USA | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My suggestion is to get hold of the original short version, "The Fireman," and see if it says anything the novel doesn't.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I fell in love with Clarisse, also. Both romantic (in an idealized sense) and real at the same time.

I would be happy to review your work on this subject. Off hand, I don't recall the name of the city, but I would definitly focus on her family members referenced in the book. Develop them and you will develop a history for Clarisse.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P. 60 (Ballantine Books)--"We had some false alarms on the McLellans, when they lived in Chicago. Never found a book. Uncle had a mixed record; antisocial. The girl? She was a time bomb." (Beatty) Just skimming the book looking for that reference has hooked me in again. I will start rereading it later tonight!

[This message has been edited by lmskipper (edited 01-25-2004).]

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finished the story; anyone wanting a copy to proofread/critique in general, send me an e-mail. Any comments, suggestions, and readers in general will be appreciated!

Posts: 2 | Location: Paoli, Indiana, USA | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i also love the clarisse character. i have heard that in the movie she is played by an older actress...which is not true to clarisse's young age in the book.

~Keli Linda~

Posts: 32 | Location: San Diego, CA, US | Registered: 10 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post