Ray Bradbury Forums
Clarise McLellan

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6791083901/m/7251074372

25 January 2004, 02:09 AM
Kratas
Clarise McLellan
Hi! I'm new to this board as well as new to Bradbury. I just finished reading Farenheit 451, it was assigned to me for my English class. I completely fell in love with the character of Clarisse McLellan and now, for my Creative Writing class, I am wanting to write a past for her, leading up to her moving to the same city as Guy. (Does anyone remember that cities name?)Anyone have any suggestions or want to copy-edit/critique when it is done?
25 January 2004, 06:45 AM
dandelion
My suggestion is to get hold of the original short version, "The Fireman," and see if it says anything the novel doesn't.
25 January 2004, 12:37 PM
Mr. Dark
I fell in love with Clarisse, also. Both romantic (in an idealized sense) and real at the same time.

I would be happy to review your work on this subject. Off hand, I don't recall the name of the city, but I would definitly focus on her family members referenced in the book. Develop them and you will develop a history for Clarisse.
25 January 2004, 08:35 PM
lmskipper
P. 60 (Ballantine Books)--"We had some false alarms on the McLellans, when they lived in Chicago. Never found a book. Uncle had a mixed record; antisocial. The girl? She was a time bomb." (Beatty) Just skimming the book looking for that reference has hooked me in again. I will start rereading it later tonight!

[This message has been edited by lmskipper (edited 01-25-2004).]
06 February 2004, 10:24 PM
Kratas
I finished the story; anyone wanting a copy to proofread/critique in general, send me an e-mail. Any comments, suggestions, and readers in general will be appreciated!
22 February 2004, 01:21 AM
Keli Linda
i also love the clarisse character. i have heard that in the movie she is played by an older actress...which is not true to clarisse's young age in the book.

~Keli Linda~