Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    TERMINAL Megalomania?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TERMINAL Megalomania?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Last winter was darn cold, this summer has been very cool, another cold winter is ahead. Yeah! It sure sounds like the world is warming up.

There are also scientists out there that claim that we are headed for another ice age. It is all the Chicken Little syndrome.

Al Gore hates cars, lets ban them. They will ruin mankind.

Posts: 28 | Location: Wilkes-Barre, PA USA | Registered: 15 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thor,
I have an urge to follow you. I do, man. This is some damn scary stuff over here.

Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once again I am astounded by the diversity of comments and replies, each well versed and civil in due repect to the appropriate author.

It is a great privilege to have available this fine forum of such thoughtful and introspective personages. Although there is sometimes a hint of discord, the overall flavor of the posts are of positive exchange involving ideas and concepts sometimes not seen or heard on a daily basis.

As Ray would say, "Onward and upward." Keep up the colorful cornucopia of ideas, ideals, and deep-seated thought.

[This message has been edited by biplane1 (edited 08-10-2004).]

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thor, am with you likewise. Let's throw the God Squad to the lions, they can amuse us . . .

[This message has been edited by Gothic (edited 08-10-2004).]

Posts: 149 | Location: Ostend, Belgium | Registered: 11 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
gothic I feel bad for you, I really do.... I dont even have anything to say to that post besides wow...I dont attack you and say lets throw the ungodly to the wolves and watch them get eatin alive. why must you attack me and my faith like that.

ps, if you would have read the bible you would know that they threw daniel in the lions den and God tamed the lions and saved him from that. so u might want to think of somethin better than lions

Posts: 38 | Location: kenova WV USA | Registered: 11 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
el stevieboy

Gothic's post in Resources says one thing to me. This guy you stay away from.

Posts: 116 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys are so ignorant you're downright inferior - I'm sorry, but there's no other word. Don't talk to me again.

[This message has been edited by Gothic (edited 08-11-2004).]

Posts: 149 | Location: Ostend, Belgium | Registered: 11 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion, is there any way we can divide this Message Board into a 'Christian' section and a section for serious Bradbury afficionados? We do not need these ignoramuses or their garbage.

posted Hide Post
Creating a Christian section would be discriminating against fanatics from other religious traditions. Throw 'em all in together! Let God sort 'em out!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gothic:

I've deleted the original post to Gothic.

Considering leaving this board for awhile while guys like this are around. If no one can put them in their place (including Dandelion)...then maybe it is time for several of us to bow out for awhile. Some of us have pulled back. If this site wants to go Gothic's way of the vile, along with other morally sick people this summer, we don't need this ! Period!

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 08-11-2004).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree nard. his reasons to attack my faith are so childish. he cant stand it that I believe something other than him. its almost amusing to see how angry they get when you say the word God.

Its sad our world is tuning into a godless immoral hell bound society. but with people like gothic running around, it makes me want christ to come back even sooner.

Posts: 38 | Location: kenova WV USA | Registered: 11 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True. Sad, but true.
The real question, however, is (and has always been) not deciding between God and no God; but between the real God and the idol.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps I misspoke when I referred to the many posters here as "astute personages" or whatever I said. Not that you are not astute, but perhaps dwelving into topics, as mentioned, not suited for the general topic of Ray Bradbury related information. The answer, I am not sure. It just has been nice to see the variety of commentary.

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
El Stevieboy: I assume you are of a Protestant denomination. I am a Catholic. I think our faiths are similar in a lot of ways, perhaps more than people think. Christ is the center of both faiths but the one thing I see as different is that many Protestant faiths look forward to the second coming happening soon, whereas we want it to happen but would be happy to see it when we are very old. It is like we have business to finish first. What do you think?

Posts: 48 | Registered: 11 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion: So do we all have to be an atheist to post here from now on? Why is it that persons of faith are called fanatics by you? A Christian supports pro-life initiatives. A fanatic kills doctors who perform abortions. I see nothing on this board that deserves such a comment by you.

Posts: 48 | Registered: 11 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post