Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Bradbury Board Dinner
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury Board Dinner
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by randomyork:
Is the party on the 15th open to the public?

Yes, the party, listed elsewhere, is open to one and all.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
I like Japanese food that comes past me on a conveyor belt. Why has no other cuisine adopted this efficient method of delivery?

Because you gotta be quick off the draw. What about the Chinese with their 'Lazy Susan'? If you're not careful, the Peking Duck goes spinning past and you end up with the flied lice.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry- is it listed on the message board?

Posts: 126 | Location: Texas | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here it is:

https://raybradburyboard.com/ev...91083901/m/522108304

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerbell:
...What about the Chinese with their 'Lazy Susan'?...

Hadn't thought of that. But those are human-propelled (aren't they?). The sushi conveyor is fully automated!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Phil!

Posts: 126 | Location: Texas | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I like Japanese food that comes past me on a conveyor belt. Why has no other cuisine adopted this efficient method of delivery?

Because you gotta be quick off the draw. What about the Chinese with their 'Lazy Susan'? If you're not careful, the Peking Duck goes spinning past and you end up with the flied lice.

Dim Sum would be at the Q Q Buffet, which has a buffet of Chineese, Japanese, Korean and Italian foods...just not that good.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
...What about the Chinese with their 'Lazy Susan'?...

Hadn't thought of that. But those are human-propelled (aren't they?). The sushi conveyor is fully automated!

You don't know the 'humans' I hang out with!

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt, we go with the flow. Mexican's fine by us. After a couple of Margaritas during 'Happy Hour' (4 - 8 pm?) who cares about the food? We're there for the company.

posted Hide Post
quote:
jkt, we go with the flow. Mexican's fine by us. After a couple of Margaritas during 'Happy Hour' (4 - 8 pm?) who cares about the food? We're there for the company.

The mexican joint is right next to the theatre that Ray Bradbury and Ray Harryhausen used to take double dates (where Last Comic Standing is currently filmed) and in the same block as the bookshop.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
...We're there for the company.

And the weather, tink, don't forget the weather!

(This is turning into another typically grim British summer - I had to put the lights on during the afternoon today because it was so dark, and now I'm tempted to put the heating on!)

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
...We're there for the company.

And the weather, tink, don't forget the weather!

(This is turning into another typically grim British summer - I had to put the lights on during the afternoon today because it was so dark, and now I'm tempted to put the heating on!)

I've not turned on my heater in about four years. (ducking)

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
I've not turned on my heater in about four years. (ducking)

And when I lived in Ventura county, not only did I not use the heater, I turned on the A/C only twice (briefly) during my final year there!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And people wonder why the cost of a home in the Mid-West is what us Californian's call a down payment...

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
So is the time and place absolutely decided?

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post