Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Bradbury Board Dinner
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury Board Dinner
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
So is the time and place absolutely decided?

I will be at Don Cuco's Mexican Restaurant on Saturday the 14th @ 6:00 p.m.
214 North Brand Boulevard
Glendale, CA 91203-2610
(818) 553-1148

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
...I will be at Don Cuco's Mexican Restaurant on Saturday the 14th @ 6:00 p.m.

Me too.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So we have the person traveling the shortest distance and the person traveling the fartherst distant in agreement.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mog the Dog here.

Count me in! Oh, and my two human companions as well...

MTD

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, I'll be there if that's where everybody is, but if just you were at the Mexican place and everyone else was at the Japanese place I'd have to go with the party.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt, Would you be willing to pick up a bottle of cognac if I order it, as you so graciously did two years ago? It is a special birthday and occasion, after all! If so, thank you so much.

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dragonfly:
jkt, Would you be willing to pick up a bottle of cognac if I order it, as you so graciously did two years ago? It is a special birthday and occasion, after all! If so, thank you so much.

It could be arranged. May I suggest The Wine House, 2311 Cotner Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90064-1803 (310) 479-3731. Ask for Therese at extention 206. She'll take your order and deliver it to me at no extra charge...just use my name.

The Wine House was one of Ray and Maggie's favorite wine shops. They had a standing account there.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MogtheDog:
Mog the Dog here.

Count me in! Oh, and my two human companions as well...

MTD

Mog! I met your humans last year, and I look forryward to doing so again. I wonder how many new folk I'll see there? Several, it would appear.

Deanna and I will be there! And if she throws me over, I'll bring Cathy! So there!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

Deanna and I will be there! And if she throws me over, I'll bring Cathy! So there!

I'll have someone with me as well.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Interlopers!

Sorry - it's a Mayberry thing. Terry'll get it.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:

Interlopers!

Sorry - it's a Mayberry thing. Terry'll get it.

Gonna give 'em the cold shoulder?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Gonna give 'em the cold shoulder?

dandelion'll get it too.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
JKT, not only may you suggest The Wine House, but you did three years ago, and I have been on their email list ever since.

They say they moved, but since I am not there in person, and you are and know where it is, that is no longer a potential problem.

I have lost your email. Will be calling them. Does cognac still work? Please let me know. Thank you!

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, jkt, that's a lot of initials. Oh, wait, I meant to say Therese is "bringing" the wine to you. (Method of transport not stated.) It is Bonny Doon Le Cigaret Volant. "Flying Saucer". Love it, haha!

And a note card with it.

Some people (or at least one) are coming much farther than I would have to come, from Washington State. I still might have done so, if it hadn't conflicted with a planned camping trip. The irony is that I would be back by the 20th. Would love to be there!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dragonfly:
OK, jkt, that's a lot of initials. Oh, wait, I meant to say Therese is "bringing" the wine to you. (Method of transport not stated.) It is Bonny Doon Le Cigaret Volant. "Flying Saucer". Love it, haha!

And a note card with it.

Some people (or at least one) are coming much farther than I would have to come, from Washington State. I still might have done so, if it hadn't conflicted with a planned camping trip. The irony is that I would be back by the 20th. Would love to be there!

Wine hand delivered last night.

John King Tarpinian