Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    something wicked this way comes

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

something wicked this way comes
 Login/Join

posted
I would like to get some literary expertise from Mr.Bradbury on writing a poem based on this novel, and a diary entry; based on "I"being the main character....in regards to a 9th grade High School class project. Can you help me in any way Sir??

Cordially,
Jacob Rudolph (916)595-8511 or e-mail me @ rmconstruction_painting@yahoo.com

Posts: 2 | Location: Isleton,CA 95641 | Registered: 24 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Jacob. Mr Bradbury doesn't read these messages personally, so if you want to contact him you will have to write via his publishers:

Ray Bradbury
c/o Author Mail, 11th Floor
HarperCollins Publishers
10 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022

Please bear in mind that Ray is a busy man, and is 91 years old, so you shouldn't expect an instant reply.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Sir(Phil),
Thank you for your response, I am not expecting an instant response....especially recognizing on his home page his birth-date of 91yrs.ago! I can only hope he inspired his children or grandchildren to continue his legacy of writing. With help from my older brother, who writes alot of fictional poetry & short-stories;"for himself"i have been able to complete my poem & diary entry.The MOST difficult is to compose/burn onto CD a soundtrack of various types of music, that pertains the the theme of the novel...."that's where I am stumped!!

Posts: 2 | Location: Isleton,CA 95641 | Registered: 24 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of his children, Bettina F. Bradbury, was a writer on four soap operas. Don't know about the other three.

As for music, one of the Harry Potter films had a choir singing a song based on the same Shakespeare passage as the Bradbury title. Maybe you could start with that.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post