Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 109

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
RIP master of puppet-based TV shows Gerry Anderson, aged 83.

Loved them as a wee lad:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetw...-anderson-dies-at-83

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
H Norman.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Harry Carey, Jr.

http://bostonherald.com/inside...rry_carey_jr_dies_91

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huell Howser.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Steven Utley, science fiction author, on January 12.

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2013/...even-utley-1948-2013

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Inventor of the #1 toy of 1960:

http://www.latimes.com/news/ob...+Most+Viewed+Stories)

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Tony Sheridan, the musician who recorded with The Beatles in 1961, and later released the single "My Bonnie" - the first recording with any Beatles connection to draw attention.

Sadly, I'd never heard of his passing when, on a whim, I decided to find out what had happened to him after a browsing session on the excellent Beatles Bible website.

I then found out that he died just a week ago, on February 16.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new...5/Tony-Sheridan.html

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seven years ago today. Don Knotts. I spent the evening with his daughter Karen and her great one-woman show Tied Up in Knotts.

Also seven years ago, Dennis Weaver.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Seven years ago today. Darren McGavin. I attended his funeral. Ralphie and Flick were there, as were Jack Grinnage and Carol Ann Susi. I spoke with the obviously saddened Mr Grinnage afterward. A lovely man.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Seven years ago today. Darren McGavin....

Sam Parkhill himself.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Malachi Throne.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
RIP, actor Frank Thornton - aka Captain Peacock.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
RIP, actor Frank Thornton - aka Captain Peacock.

Oh, my! I was just watching him this weekend on Grace & Favour, one of my favourites. I even commented to myself that he and Mr Rumbold were the only two of the originals left. Mr Rumbold, you have the watch.

Look.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
oh no, not Frank Thornton - he was in Last of the Summer Wine, as well. RIP.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post