Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 110

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Bernie Mac...only 50 years old, so intelligent and funny....

http://de.eonline.com/uberblog/ask_the_answer_bitch/b23...e_mac_1957-2008.html

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Soul Legend Isaac Hayes, of too much treadmill.

It just goes to prove what I've always said: running is bad for you!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don Davis, the wonderful character actor who brought so much to one of my favourite TV programmes, Twin Peaks, as Major Garland Briggs.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mr P - I saw part of a scroll on CNN a few days ago saying something about a Floyd and a death, then I forgot to look it up.

God rest him, he's now comfortably numb.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

God rest him, he's now comfortably numb.

Your heavily callused psyche exudes a most pungent foul smell. Your anti-god messages and now blatantly anti-American stance in guise of some sort of independent thinker is nothing more than the most dangerous elements in our society protected by the freedoms you wish to abuse. Comfortable numb? Fits right in with Spong mentality.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow - all I was doing was paying tribute to a dead guy and bam!

I'm not anti-American, I just respect all countries equally.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
Your anti-god messages...

Anti-god messages? OK, now I'm offended.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Comfortably Numb," 'tis the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-MLxgkiPNg

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
"Comfortably Numb," 'tis the song

And a great one - I just posted it on my Facebook. Anybody else on the Facebook?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding, the song is about, amongst other things, losing your dreams? About drug use with a 'pinprick" and feeling better? I know the song. But you use it referring to a death. What you are inferring, with your three-sided mouth, is that there is no heaven? Tell me, then, why the use of that particular song?

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
Tell me, then, why the use of that particular song?

You're reading into it. Relax. Please.

You're analysing me, and I can't be analysed, so you're wasting your time. Let's just move along.

So - who else just died?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Sheesh, someone really flipped out!

He was too young to die, though.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding can't be analyzed? Oh come on. Do you think you are so special that you are beyond being analyzed? Even I can be analyzed. And why do I have to move along?. Actually, I don't think water rolls off your back after all. Something is wrong, especially when you can make flippant comments thruout various postings and think they only have an awestruck audience. I'm not awestruck.

Of course, your Bishop Spong relationship has discolored all your postings, at least for me. I'm reading into those lyrics? You ever carefully read the lyrics and put those lyrics up against the life style of Pink Floyd. Come on.