Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
O Captain My Captain
a poem by Walt Whitman

Very fine, but why not post it under Poem of the Day?

I had to ask.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."

- Oscar Wilde

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

- Walt Disney

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Love forever!"

- Doug Spaulding

Happy Saint Valentine's Day to all.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
O Captain My Captain
a poem by Walt Whitman

Very fine, but why not post it under Poem of the Day?

I had to ask.

I know I should have done, but was in a hurry, saw this window, and defenestrated!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You knew I was going to say that defenestrated is a good word.

I like that the British say "should have done", rather than "should have".

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"When I examine myself and my methods of thought,
I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy meant more to me
than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge."
Albert Einstein

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I don't know if I believe in previous lives, I'm not sure I can live forever. But that young boy (I was) of 1932 believed in both and I have let him have his head. He has written my stories and books for me. "
~Ray Bradbury

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

~~~~~ Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by libRArY:
"I don't know if I believe in previous lives, I'm not sure I can live forever. But that young boy (I was) of 1932 believed in both and I have let him have his head. He has written my stories and books for me. "
~Ray Bradbury

I never thought too much of it, until recently. But when you read that quote and really think about it, isn't that all a little...scary? The young Bradbury is 'branded' by the sword of one Mr. Electrico who said he was a defrocked Presbyterian minister. (Defrocked for what?) And then to bestow this described 'mindset' by someone thrown out of the Christian ministry on a young Bradbury to whom the 'older' Bradbury says he derives his power to write...is...come to think of it...even more scary.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"A motion to adjourn is always in order."

- Robert Heinlein

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Any God who can be killed ought to be killed, and any faith that can be undermined should be undermined. A God or a faith that needs you or me to prop it up has already died long ago. You do not need to defend a living God. Only dead gods seem to require that."

-Spong

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"It is as if individuation involves not only those who strive to become conscious,
but at the heart of things also nature itself striving to become conscious. Lumina
natura, as the alchemist said: the light of nature. The consciousness of nature shines like a light in the darkness. The eyes of evolution seeking to know itself.
The urge for self-recognition." -- D. Stephenson Bond from his book LIVING MYTH Personal Meaning as a Way of Life

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I seek God in truth, not truth in God.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
patrask: just what does that mean? I can't make hide nor hair of your quote.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up."

- Pablo Picasso

"Live Forever!"