Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Tinks,
You'll find the "So...Where Y'All From?" Topic under "Ray's Legacy".
So, as John Daly used to say on "What's My Line", "Enter, and sign in, please."

Cuumber samwidges, eh?

OK back to Quote Of The Day!

"...marvelous people, the Scots. It's the porridge, you know!"

- Tony Hancock from "The Blood Donor"

No, I lied. They were cheese and pickle.

My quote:

"The trouble with Scotland is that it's full of Scots."

- King Edward I of England

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"If it's not Scottish, it's crap!"

- www.accuradio.com/radiocelt

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork."

- Edward Abbey

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"A team effort is a lot of people doing what I say."

- Michael Winner

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Iron rusts from disuse; stagnant water loses its purity and in cold weather becomes frozen; even so does inaction sap the vigor of the mind."

- Leonardo Da Vinci

"Hey, atsa nice!"

- Chico Marx

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"What you have to ask yourself is do you feel lucky,.....well, do ya punk?!"

I just came across this in the book I'm reading, so I hope I can get away with one more quote.

Man is the animal who laughs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Risibility!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
" ? -- !!"

- Harpo Marx

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Man is the only animal that blushes - or needs to." Mark Twain

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been reading "The Illustrated Man" again, which inspired me to post this:

"The reading of all good books is indeed like a conversation with the noblest men of the past centuries who were the authors of them, nay a carefully studied conversation, in which they reveal to us none but the best of their thoughts."

- Rene Descartes

posted Hide Post
"It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous."

- Robert Benchley

posted Hide Post
"I'm sitting here compleatly surrounded by no beer!"

- Onslow

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the internet, we know that is now true."

- Robert Wilensky

posted Hide Post
"Electricity is actually made up of extremely tiny particles called electrons, that you cannot see with the naked eye unless you have been drinking."

- Dave Barry

posted Hide Post
"Always try to put on a pleasant expression, it improves your face value."
-Anonymous

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post