Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"If a Pulitzer comes your way, grab it with both hands."

Mrs. Peterson

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A little learning is a dangerous thing but a lot of ignorance is just as bad.

- Bob Edwards

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." (Guess Who?)

Also, I like Montaigne's "Je suis moy-mesmes la matière de mon livre."*

A short explanation:
I collect writing quotes because I write; I use them to inspire me. The top one got me through the final edit of a project.

* "I am, myself, the content of my book" (I take it as the purest definition of the advice: Write What You Know).

- - - - -

Remember, Remember, the Month of November / Dialogue, Setting, and Plot / I'm hearing wishes that laundry and dishes / Wouldn't just sit there, forgot.

Posts: 11 | Location: South Orange County, CA, U.S. | Registered: 07 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell.

C. S. Lewis

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death"

Oscar Wilde

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"When I was kidnapped, my parents snapped into action. They rented out my room."

- Woody Allen

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indeed - I also love his theological quotes, as well:

As the poet said, 'Only God can make a tree' - probably because it's so hard to figure out how to get the bark on.

- Woody Allen

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?

- Woody Allen

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
The crowd is composed of individuals, but it must also be in the power of each one to be what he is: an individual; and no one, no one at all, no one whatsoever, is prevented from being an individual unless he prevents himself--by becoming one of the masses.

Kierkegaard

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's up Doc?

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Fuck you, everybody smokes during their pregnancy!"

Courtney love

that one cracks me up.

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation."
- George Bernard Shaw

posted Hide Post
"Bureaucrats write memoranda both because they appear to be busy when they are writing and because the memos, once written, immediately become proof that they were busy."

- Charles Peters

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"No system captures God. All systems finally empty into God."

- Spong

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Almost makes sense once in a while. Strong emphasis on Almost.

-Phil on Spong

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post