Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"If Christians actually practiced what the Christ taught, all India would be Christian."

- Ghandi

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always thought Ghandi was smarter than that.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I think he was smarter than we realise."

- Doug Spaulding

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I was so naive as a kid I used to sneak behind the barn and do nothing."

- Johnny Carson

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on."

- Samuel Goldwyn

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"I'm getting my work done."

Ray Bradbury (when asked how he was doing)

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat."

- Mark Twain

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"If there were no God, there would be no Atheists."

- G. K. Chesterton

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"When I left home at 18 I thought my dad was the dumbest man I'd ever met. When I returned at 22 I was AMAZED at what the old man had learned in four years."
--- Mark Twain

"When I die, if there's no dogs in Heaven, then I'm going where they went."
--- Will Rogers

Posts: 39 | Location: Big Sur, CA | Registered: 20 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MARLOWE:
Here you are sugar, buy yourself a cigar.

LADY CABBIE:
If you can use me again sometime, call this number.
(She hands him a card.)

MARLOWE:
Day and night?

LADY CABBIE:
Uh, night's better. I work during the day.

-- from the screenplay for "The Big Sleep," by Ray's friend Leigh, some Southern author :-) and Jules Furthman

Posts: 39 | Location: Big Sur, CA | Registered: 20 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip."

- Caskie Stinnett

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Most people don't make a big deal when someone steps on their shoes, but as for Me? I would turn around, slap the person in the face, stare them straight in the eyes, and realize its a blind man staring back at me."

- Kukai Aoki

(I'm a writer, so that means i can quote myself...right?)

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes."

Anon

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned to walk forward."

- Franklin D Roosevelt

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way."

- Bertrand Russell

"Live Forever!"