Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Learning to love yourself, is the greatest love of all.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I think you can carry this self love stuff just so far. We are most miserable creatures, and I'd hate to think that self-love is the greatest of all. Isn't that what theologians call Hell?

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion."

- Abraham Lincoln

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."

- Sir Frederick G. Banting

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
D. Spaulding,
A. Lincoln likely said that quote you posted when he was just a wee lad or a youngun in the law profession. Or a tongue in cheek comment.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Wee is a good word."

- Doug Spaulding

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Jean Harlow, meeting Lady Asquith, addressed her by her first name Margot, pronouncing the word as if it rhymed with rot. Lady Asquith reproved her gently: "My dear, the t is silent, as in Harlow."

- Willard Despy, Words At Play

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
"Wee is a good word."

- Doug Spaulding

..a word that means something slightly different in most of the UK...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist fears this is true."

- James Branch Cabell

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Borrow money from pessimists - they don't expect it back."

Anonymous

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"America is a large, friendly dog in a very small room. Every time it wags its tail, it knocks over a chair."

- Arnold Toynbee

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Toynbee is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not.
- Mark Twain

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Be careful how you think
Your Life is shaped by your thoughts."

Proverbs 4:23
(TEV) Today's English Version

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

- George Orwell

"Live Forever!"