Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."

- Henry Kissinger

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The gods too are fond of a joke."

- Aristotle

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax."

- Albert Einstein

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker."
-Another from Saint Albert

Currently reading Life of A.E. Amazing story - 1905, his "dream year!"

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body."

- Sir Richard Steele

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

- Pablo Picasso

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Bureaucrats write memoranda both because they appear to be busy when they are writing and because the memos, once written, immediately become proof that they were busy."

- Charles Peters

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Why are you bothering us, Son of God? You have no right to torture us before God's appointed time!"
~a demon
Matthew 8, vs 29.

(Even the demons believe in God.)

Posts: 162 | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Journalism largely consists of saying 'Lord Jones is Dead' to people who never knew that Lord Jones was alive."

- G. K. Chesterton

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Peace be with You!"
-Jesus: To all who listen.

Happy Easter to you and your loved ones!

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'."

- Larry Hardiman

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
DS: "Polyticks"
Some things never change!

http://www.twainquotes.com/Politics.html

posted Hide Post
"A witty saying proves nothing."

- Voltaire

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
:God whispers to us in our pleasures,
speaks to us in our conscience,
but shouts in our pains;
it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world:

=C.S.Lewis=

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
_______+____+__+__+__+_________+____+_____

............... "I think most people act crazy
..........because they don't think they're loved!"

_______+_________+__+____+____+__+__+______

~Nard Kordell

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post