Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"Crazy Larry"? Is that Wild Man Fischer?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"?---!!"

- Marcel Marceau
(Quoting Harpo Marx)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I was going to have cosmetic surgery until I noticed that the doctor's office was full of portraits by Picasso."

- Rita Rudner

posted Hide Post
"Another possible source of guidance for teenagers is television, but television's message has always been that the need for truth, wisdom and world peace pales by comparison with the need for a toothpaste that offers whiter teeth and fresher breath."

- Dave Barry

posted Hide Post
"...pointless sociability and friendliness, or slavering devotion and obedience... Dog-lovers base their whole case on these commonplace, servile, and plebeian qualities, and amusingly judge the intelligence of a pet by its degree of conformity to their own wishes."

-H.P. Lovecraft

"I mean, pigeons and editors both do the icky on the stuff you cherish most. But at least the pigeons don't think, 'Wow, now it sings.'"

-Cecil Adams

"Save your freedom. If anyone tells you you may not read Harry Potter because of 'witchcraft', run! Shun him. He's a Fireman."

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The learned fool writes his nonsense in better language than the unlearned, but still 'tis nonsense.

-Benjamin Franklin

"Save your freedom. If anyone tells you you may not read Harry Potter because of 'witchcraft', run! Shun him. He's a Fireman."

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Fahrenheit 451 is more relevant today than when it was published 50 years ago. George Bush has made this the most relevant piece of literature ever written."

— Frank Darabont

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"It is better to copa-late than never". Smiler

- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 2 | Location: Tampa | Registered: 19 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In those days, the leader shelters his countrymen by strength, his name the nondescript foilage one passes by. His father before would hold those same reins of power. Tho the son suffers the weight of mockery, his latter days will see goodness.

~Nostradamus, speaking of George W. Bush

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"One of the great things about books is, sometimes there are some fantastic pictures."

- George W. Bush

(Looks like Nostradamus was right on target about that mockery thing)

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Actors have no damn place in politics, period."

- Spencer Tracy

posted Hide Post
Too bad no one told Reagan that! But seriously, he wasn't too bad.

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."

- ee cummings

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"I'm disappointed in acting as a craft. I want everything to go back to Orson Welles and fake noses and changing your voice. It's become so much about personality."

- Spencer Tracy

posted Hide Post
"... pointless sociability and friendliness, or slavering devotion and obedience... Dog-lovers base their whole case on these commonplace, servile, and plebeian qualities, and amusingly judge the intelligence of a pet by its degree of conformity to their own wishes."
-H.P. Lovecraft

"When all think alike, no one thinks very much."
-Walter Lippmann

posted Hide Post
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson