Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ask rAy brAdbUry A qUEstIOn !
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ask rAy brAdbUry A qUEstIOn !
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
er.... Yeah, is it true ray bradbury... etc etc etc. not you. sorry.

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WildGravity, not sure about this last post but as to another thread that Dandelion responded to, I believe she said that Ray did not care for T.S. Elliot, not Williams.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
...what special memories do you have of your Mother...?

He remembers being born!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, you are really doing a fine thing here! Also in general, you are an integral part of this board always helping others with your knowledge and direct link to Ray. Thank you very much for giving us all this special opportunity to interract with Ray. Do me a favor, please e-mail me so that I can write you back. There is a couple of things unrelated to this thread that I need help with. Thanks.

p.s. I really do want to know which Rolling Stone song is Ray's favorite because everyone has a favorite Rolling Stones song.

p.s.s. I never see you anymore on the occupant list of online members, are you wearing a cloaking device?

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
are you wearing a cloaking device?

Nard, son of Worf, Kordell,

Yes, thank you very much. It really means a lot to me to know what is His favorite science fiction book. I looked at two books by Bear today, MOVING MARS and EON, and put them both back on the shelf and walked away empty handed. I'm so proud of myself.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My question to Ray:

Which of your books do you think has the best chance of being read by people a hundred years from now?

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Timeless Stories for Today and Tomorrow" is the title of which I was thinking. The other, "The Circus of Dr. Lao and Other Improbable Tales," I believe is the title, is much harder to find. I do have, but have not read, the second.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which author of the past would you have most liked to have eaten a meal with and had a conversation?

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
A question for Ray:

Which BBC Radio adaptation(s) of your stories did you enjoy the most?

philnic,

Hi from a Penguin-loving fellow Brit! Your posts have always fascinated me - brimming with wisdom and northern humour. Loved the 'lukewarm about tepid'.
Out of interest, which of Ray's BBC Radio adaptations most appealed to you? Loved David Calcutt's F451 (on R4 about three years ago I think). Are there any neglected stories you think might lend themselves to this medium?

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(Can we ask more than one question? If so, this is my question.) Mr. Bradbury, you have written stories such as Mars is Heaven, from The Martian Chronicles. Besides that sort of heaven, do you believe there is actually a Christian place called heaven where people go who have had their sinful character replaced by the non-sinful character of Jesus Christ? Or, in simple terms, do you believe there is an actual place called heaven for good people?

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket:
WildGravity, not sure about this last post but as to another thread that Dandelion responded to, I believe she said that Ray did not care for T.S. Elliot, not Williams.

Yes, I realize my mistake now.

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerbell:
...Out of interest, which of Ray's BBC Radio adaptations most appealed to you? Loved David Calcutt's F451 (on R4 about three years ago I think). Are there any neglected stories you think might lend themselves to this medium?

Hi tinkerbell, and thanks for the compliments on my northern humour. I happen to be a southerner, and I felt sure I wrote with a southern accent!

I did like Calcutt's version of F451, but my all-time favourite has to be the Malcolm Clarke version of "There Will Come Soft Rains". Closely followed by The Golden Apples of the Sun (mainly because that happened to be my first Bradbury book, not because the production was particularly good).

I don't think there are any particularly neglected stories, but I think Something Wicked This way Comes would be good if they could get a decent cast. The library confrontation with Mr Dark would be terrific! My friend Brian Sibley, who has adapted Ray for radio in the past, has been trying to get SWTWC on for years. I think David Calcutt was trying at one point as well.

Make sure you check out my website!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tinkerbell, nice handle, I envision you frittering about on minuscule wings leaving glowing ferry dust everywhere(please clean it up). Alright, stop, I really just wanted to say nice name, so, nice name.

I do have one question to squeeze in if possible and it can take the place of my benign Stones question if need be.

Do you still read books? I know, when you were a youth, that you read prolifically at the library. If so, what do you enjoy reading nowadays? If not, was it because you became too busy and when did you stop, if that is the case? I am reading 1984 and several references are made about books being destroyed and eradicated that struck me as being parallel to F-451. Have any contemporary author's influenced you or your writing, if so, who?

Okay, granted, it was more than one question.

posted Hide Post
I love the "Mind's Eye" (BBC?) radio version of "Hitch-hiker's Guide".
Did those guys do any Bradbury?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure which version that is. Is it performed by a full cast, with Peter Jones as The Book and Simon Jones(?) as the lead character? Or is there some other version?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post