Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Appearances and Book Signings
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 42

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appearances and Book Signings
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robertp:
If you're a Corleone.

Coincidentally, The Sopranos, Series One is up next in my Netflix queue. The Godfather is after that.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robertp:
If you're a Corleone.

Or a Knotts!

Atta boy!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
...The doctor won't let me run for another three weeks!...

A shame, as that's about how long it would take to run to California!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping that this clip from the upcoming Charles Beaumont documentary works:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/...=370403493407&ref=mf

Beautifully done and Ray is in the documentary plus will be at the Egyptian Theater premiere on March 27th.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Then there is the day after tax day when Ray will be giving the keynote Big Read speech for Rancho Cucamonga (you Jack Benny fan's will recognize that name from another son of Waukegan) on April 16th at 7:00 p.m.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
April 16th

Chaplin's 121st birthday.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
...Cucamonga...

Mel Blanc, I believe. If I recall correctly (and I probably don't) it's "Anaheim, Cu-camonga, Azusa..."

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out May 7th:

http://www.ci.torrance.ca.us/T.../ATC_Apr-June_10.pdf

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
I don't know if this has been posted, but it looks like Ray will be at the Los Angeles Vintage paperback show at Guest House Inn Convention center in Mission Hills (Los Angeles area - San Fernando Valley) on March 21st, sez 3-5pm. Autographs are free.

Just heard about it on Cult Radio A-Go-Go internet radio, they're friends with Don Glut, and he will be there, too with his new book.

weblink:

http://www.blackace.net/show.htm

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fanboy:
I don't know if this has been posted, but it looks like Ray will be at the Los Angeles Vintage paperback show at Guest House Inn Convention center in Mission Hills (Los Angeles area - San Fernando Valley) on March 21st, sez 3-5pm. Autographs are free.

Just heard about it on Cult Radio A-Go-Go internet radio, they're friends with Don Glut, and he will be there, too with his new book.

weblink:

http://www.blackace.net/show.htm

Yes, Ray is scheudled to attend between 3-5...saving the best for last.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
jkt, is Ray going to speak, or is it just an autograph signing?

posted Hide Post
No talking, just signing...

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Ray is still recovering from a boo-boo and won't be able to attend the Paperback show this Sunday.

Don't worry, nothing major, he just has to stay off his feet for a few extra days.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
oh okay, thanks for telling me, I'm going to be in LA this weekend and the venue is 5 min from my mom's house, was probably going to go.

I wish Ray a speedy recovery from his boo-boo.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fanboy:
oh okay, thanks for telling me, I'm going to be in LA this weekend and the venue is 5 min from my mom's house, was probably going to go.

I wish Ray a speedy recovery from his boo-boo.

Should I place my order for a roasted lamb sandwich on garlic toast with beans and slaw from the Bear Pit now?

John King Tarpinian