Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    On the turntable?
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 40

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the turntable?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Not the turntable but the radio--the big 89 rewind; 89WLS Chicago, for one day only, goes retro to the 70's with original live DJs including Lujack, Landecker, and more. Great!

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mel Torme!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tony Bennet!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Led Zeppelin 1

(scored for an obscenely low price {$2.00})

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket:
Led Zeppelin 1

(scored for an obscenely low price {$2.00})

That's more than I would pay!

Hey, Rocky, good to hear from you!
Seems like it's been awhile - or have I just not been paying attention?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
B-Two, I've been around, have gone nowhere fast. Hehehehe. Lurking more for real, but thought I was getting overzealous with my postings there for a while. I have noticed the absence of some prime members of late though. Hope thats not a permanent thing. I actually figured you would not be a Zep fan. I'm happy anyhow!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tom Paxton!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling, did you say Stan Getz was good jazz? A bunch came into work.

posted Hide Post
Getz is great. He pioneered "Latin Jazz" in the '50s when he teamed with João Gilberto and his wife, Astrud Gilberto. Ever heard "Girl From Ipanema"? He recorded a lot, so can't advise on any particular LP.
If you've heard the silky smooth alto sax of Paul Desmond; Stan's tone is like that, but on tenor.

posted Hide Post
I'll check him out, thanks a bunch. Sadly, still haven't checked out Mitch, but I will soon. I kind of go through phases where I get heavily into jazz then fade into something else entirely. I appreciate all your help!

posted Hide Post
Weeeelll, though Mitch could and did play some jazz, his schtick was mostly getting folks at home to sing along with his mostly male chorus; the old songs like "Shine On Harvest Moon", "For Me and My Gal", etc. Not just all Tin Pan Alley stuff, but things that would be considered corny by today's too cool America, at least the majority who've, sadly, not had the baton of the previous generation passed on, as it were.
I would have fun with it, though, as would you and your kids, if you're not the self-conscious type!

posted Hide Post
No, not the self conscious type as you probably already surmised. I could tell by the cover that it is a "singalong". I'll check it out soon, when my daughter's boyfriend and a few friends come over perhaps.

posted Hide Post
"I'll check it out soon, when my daughter's boyfriend and a few friends come over perhaps."

Hee-hee!

posted Hide Post
wind chimes, Beach Boys

Posts: 60 | Location: L.A. Ca. | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bruce Springsteen and the Sessions Band Live in Dublin. This 2 CD set is a live concert of the Seeger Sessions songs. It also includes a few Boss classics performed with new arrangements.

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post