Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    My New RB forum
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My New RB forum
 Login/Join

posted
Hey guys, I like this forum a whole lot and like all you guys on it, but the format is kind of irritating and difficult and, from what I understand, the rather illogical and disorganized forum categories can not be changed because of some issue with Harper Collins. So I thought I'd take the initiative to start a new RB board. I hope that none of you take this as an effort to undermine this wonderful board, it is just something that works for me better and I think some of you might enjoy. I just started it this afternoon so there's nobody there yet, but if nobody takes an initiative to start some discussion there, there never will be! I'd appreciate it if some of you guys stopped by. Thanks a bunch!
Here is the link:
New Ray Bradbury Forum

-----------------------------

Posts: 32 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware. | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Something_Wicked_451, while I appreciate the thought and effort you have put into your board, I think I will prefer to stick with this board.

Sure, the forum categories are limited, but anyone with half an ounce of patience and wit can figure out how to do a search and turn up information on any topic they choose. I wish you luck with your forum, but feel free to drop by here once in a while for the real action!

Best wishes

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your feedback, anyway.

There is only one person besides me on it so far, but I opened it less than 24 hours. ago.

Posts: 32 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware. | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are not one, but two Yahoo! groups where nobody ever posts.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of us have a secret crush on Dandelion...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think this is a wonderful site, no offense, I just don't want to miss a split second of the banter going on. Ya big galoots, er big galoofs, dame it! Ya big gamutes. Help please.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
There are not one, but two Yahoo! groups where nobody ever posts.

That's...extremely depressing. Then, I suppose this is the rare case where the official website gets the most posts. Usually, the fan-based ones are more popular with...um...the fans. But since this website really isn't monitored by anybody in some high-falutin' official position, I guess it is a fansite in a way.

For those who don't know, I was on the old board (ScaryWarhol). Something about the new one just bugs me for some reason.

My board is now a day old and there are only two members, but I'm still holding out slight hope because this is only one of two sites I've posted it on. I'll be submitting it for search engines and putting it on my sigs everywhere else.

posted Hide Post
SW451,

I hope you don't think I was knockin you, because I wasn't. When this board crashed, I used the old board. Now I keep going to both, can't help it. But I've got weblash as it is. I'll check it out though. I hope you keep posting here too.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why keep a good crush secret? And, yes, I let enough go on here that it is basically a fan board.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that a fan board or a fun board?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it was Ambrose Bierce who defined a secret as, "something you tell one person at a time."

(Guys, there's just something about a cute, intelligent, witty female writer in a nun's habit!)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robot Lincoln:
SW451,

I hope you don't think I was knockin you, because I wasn't. When this board crashed, I used the old board. Now I keep going to both, can't help it. But I've got weblash as it is. I'll check it out though. I hope you keep posting here too.

Definitely no offense taken. I definitely will check back here, because there is more discussion. Anyway, 4 registeres users and 1 guest poster since I made it two days ago. I guess that isn't too awful. Slooowly but surely.

posted Hide Post
Well, how can I tie this in...Oh!
Speaking of singing nuns, we just finished "Bach Around The Clock"; 12 hours of Bach - everything from solos (soli?), duets, octets, and we finished with the great B Minor Mass! Ach! A good time was had by all.
Anyway, for those of you who've sung sacred music, here's something from P.D.Q. Bach:

Monk’s Aria from Hansel and Gretel and Ted and Alice

Et expecto resurrecreation;
Et in unum Dominos and checkers;
Qui tollis peccata mundi morning.

Mea culpa kyrie elei-
Sonny Tufts et Allah in Pompeii;
Donna nobis pacem cum what mei;
Agnus and her sister Doris Dei;
Lord, have mercy on my solo.

Et in terra chicken pox romana;
Sic sic transit gloria mañana;
Sanctus estes Kefauviridiana
In flagrante delicto Svetlana;
Lord, have mercy on my solo.

Credo in, at most, unum deum;
Caveat nabisco mausoleum;
Coitus interruptus bonus meum;
Kimo sabe watchum what you sayum;
Lord, have mercy on my soul so low

(Laughed out loud at that last stanza!)

posted Hide Post
I think you clicked on the wrong thread, dude.

posted Hide Post
Appopollyloggies, S.W.
Yeah, I should have started a new topic, but I tried to tie it in with nun comment above.
I'll be more considerate in future, but I hope you enjoyed the post just the same!
Good luck on the new site, by the way.