Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    THIS IS THE 'old' Bradbury Website: Go to the NEW one
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

THIS IS THE 'old' Bradbury Website: Go to the NEW one
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Stumped by the stumps, heh-heh.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Son, you�re gonna drive me to drinkin� if you don�t stop readin� that Robot Lincoln!

Ahem... meanwhile, back to normal�

Great film quote Robot Lincoln. That�s as iconic a line as �Rosebud� or �Is it safe?� Now I have to get me a copy of �The Ghost and Mr. Chicken�. Fun film.

[This message has been edited by Chapter 31 (edited 03-02-2006).]

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for making my teeth hurt, Chapter. That movie gives me carny eye!

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carny eye? I think I got that in a mirror maze once. I seems to recall startling a dwarf there in "Screwy Louie's" room...

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chapter, nice singing voice too. Braling, those mirror mazes are deceptively dangerous especially when dwarfs are present. I'm going to repeat my joke.
What do you call a psychic dwarf who escapes from prison? A small medium at large. You all can stop making faces at me, if you get slapped on the back, it'll stay that way for good.

[This message has been edited by Robot Lincoln (edited 03-02-2006).]

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By the way, have you met our, uh, son here?
Yes, the small blue pyramid...

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
��they just had next door.�
�Blue you say--not red but blue.�
�I�m tellin� you.�
�Well, not in our pool--they don�t come over understand? Great day, we�ll all have to get shots!�

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The small boy on the country road looked up and screamed. "Look, Mom, Look! A falling star!" The blazing white star fell down the sky of dusk in Illinois. "Make a wish", said his mother. "Make a wish."

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
You believe it? That guy, Bittering is it? wants us to help him build that rocket of his. Says we're all changing. Says Mars is changing us! Even says my eyes used to be blue! Why, they've always been gold!
Haven't they?

posted Hide Post
But what happened to all the people in the town? Do you think the Martians killed them? No, in the back of my mind, I know Gickman is responsible for all of this said the captain.

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
What town? All I see is an abyss. Let me tell you about the Clark Bar�

posted Hide Post
"She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes..."

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
Byron, is that you?

posted Hide Post
"The worms crawl in,
the worms crawl out,
the worms play pinochle on your snout..."

Bion, is that you?

posted Hide Post
For after all, he was alone in a room in an empty house in an empty town on the planet Mars where no one was alive, only he lived, he was King of the Barren Hill...
And yet...
"...Barton..."
Someone called his name.

[This message has been edited by Robot Lincoln (edited 03-08-2006).]

Onward to Mars!