Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Bradbury Theater
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury Theater
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
O.K. Blame it on me, it's all my fault!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biplane: Hey, a little humor across the Big Pond and among friends is a good thing. (How's the storm!??)

By-the-by, I have started to make files on my computer of the audio only of the RBT episodes. I'm still trying to figure out the technique for burning back onto another audio cd, though!?

My assumption was correct. The sound tracks are great. Last night I captured Lonely One, Long Rain, Down Wind of Gettysburg, Anthem Sprinters, By the Numbers, Tombstone, and Fee Fie Foe Fum. It takes about 3-4 minutes per episode. I did listen to The Lonely One and Tombstone (around midnight to 1 a.m.).

With only a single light on in the computer room, mesmerized by the screen shapes, with colors undulating and dancing to the tones of the audio impulses, the stories were really haunting. The sound effects from the performances come across perfectly and lend additonal atmosphere to the listening atmosphere.

It helps to be familiar with the stories (as well as to have seen the selections from the dvd - though not essential). I found my imagination totally enthralled by this new approach to RB's works.

I can't wait to figure out the final glitches (in the transfer method) so as to be able to slide in a cd, open up the moon-roof, and take a late night drive along one of our region's omnipresent back country roads.

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesomeness!!!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I hesitate to call him an idiot, but....

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happened upon a 2 DVD set at Ross for $6.99!! Of course I bought it right away! It has 26 episodes, but doesn't say whether there are more availible or not. Does anyone know how many episodes were made? A look at Philnic's site leads me to believe there are 60-something....darn....I mean good, but darn, now I gotta find the rest....

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey groon, click on over to Amazon - they have the boxed set here.

There are 65 episodes in all!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For your interest and edification I am posting a letter from Ray himself addressing that very question, i.e., how many Ray Bradbury Theatre Shows were made.

To enlarge the letter for easier reading click on the lower right hand portion of the letter.

Check out his neat stationary.

ImageRay's_letter_Dated_2-16-1995.jpg (238 Kb, 16 downloads)

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a photo of Ray in a reflective mood in his office some years ago. He sent this to my daughter Emily.

ImagePhoto_for_Emily.jpg (180 Kb, 15 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing that bi-plane! I love the picture of him in his office. I hope your doing well. Your Ky. friend.Smiler

By the way, has anyone seen the space station/shuttle go over yet? I saw both the other night before docking. First, the space station went over and then the shuttle chasing after it. Last night I saw both go over connected. A pretty neat website is Heavens Above. You put in your town name and it gives you times and where to look for the space station and a bunch of other stuff. Just google the name.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just watched like 5 episodes in a row. I must say, the "Marionettes Inc." episode was AWESOME!!

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got it! A program called Nero StartSmart and a well-versed tech friend have me on my way with audios of RBT episodes. 3 stories fit per cd, approx. 85 minutes total. My frequent night excursions will never be the same!

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are many that I really liked, some were a little campy. Later in the series, I miss the full intro by Ray. There's a couple where he makes a small camio appearance after his intro. I really liked The Immissary a lot, also the one with Robert Culp, The Long Years, many others. Its so great having them on DVD. I love how they're releasing all these old shows from classic t.v. days. They don't make 'em like that any more!

posted Hide Post
I would recommend shopping around for the BRADBURY THEATER discs. There are two volumes that I know of, 13 episodes on each (I think). Unfortunately the image quality suffers from squeezing that many onto a disc.

I've picked up copies of the first volume for friends for significantly less than $10 online (ebay, half.com, amazon), and I just found a boxed set of both for $7 as a closeout at a Ross store.

Posts: 18 | Location: Hollywood | Registered: 15 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do you know the volume number? I got mine from Ross for 7 dollars as well, but can't seem to find any volume number. I suppose I can just look for the stories I don't have....

The Emissary was good. I noticed in one scene they were doing fireworks on Halloween (does anybody do this at Halloween, just curious?) but what struck me as odd was that they were doing the fireworks in a lightly wooded area with DEAD LEAVES all over the ground. Isn't that kinda dangerous?

posted Hide Post
Hey Groon,

think like a movie maker! How do we signify that it's October, even though we're shooting in the middle of June? Quick, phone the props department and order up three tons of fake leaves!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post