Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    A Simplified Bibliography
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Simplified Bibliography
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
So, that makes Something Wicked and the mystery trilogy (Death Is a Lonely Business, A Graveyard for Lunatics, Let's All Kill Constance) then are RB's true natural novels?

Curious but true, I was pondering this precise topic of "RB novels" (in preparation for upcoming seminars) before the posts began here?!

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not forgetting Fahrenheit 451.

However, once we start considering the origin of even these novels, we soon find that they all started as something else!

Fahrenheit 451 - started as a novella, The Fireman

Something Wicked - started as a short story (Black Ferris) and film treatment (Dark Carnival)

Death is a Lonely Business - started (if I recall correctly) as an unpublished short story.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True F451, from Pedestrian "and" Fireman...right!?

SWTWC, true, phil! Intended for Gene Kelley on the big screen originally.

Mr. B has had to maneuver too many magnificent metaphors, a daunting challenge to satisfy within solitary novels!!

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Fahrenheit 451 - started as a novella, The Fireman

But had its earliest beginnings, I learned last evening at Jon Eller's lecture, as another novel, which Ray abandoned. We were blessed with a few snippets from it and it was much darker than 451.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where Ignorant Armies Clash by Night. ? Found in Match to Flame: The Fictional Paths to Fahrenheit 451. The short story "The Smile" originated there.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post