Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    *Multi-Genre Paper*

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

*Multi-Genre Paper*
 Login/Join

posted
Well. It seems that in the last few weeks of school, my junior year Honors English teacher decides that the best thign for us all is a multi-genre paper over an important American author. Can you guess who I chose? So far, I've only read Fahrenheit 451, and I'm part-way through Something Wicked This Way Comes, with the intent of reading the Illustrated Man, Dandelion Wine, and From the Dust Returned. Any comments or ideas where I could find anything about Ray or his books would be appreciated, or tips for writing a multi-genre paper, as this is my first. Feel free to drop me a line, though I'm not online much. It's my Username @hotmail.com. Much appreciated!!

Posts: 1 | Location: Maine, United States | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Multi-genre"? Why not explore the differences between the novel, TV miniseries and stage play versions of "The Martian Chronicles?"

Posts: 40 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...unless you mean that the project that you're doing is supposed to be multi-genre,
I'm not sure. In my junior year we did a similar project, and I picked E.L.Doctorow over Bradbury by a slim margin, just because I had recently read a couple of his books and wanted to dive in further. I think you've made a great choice!

There are many people here who know much more specific things about the available resources than I do. Keep watching and they will probably jump in. Other than that, just surf around archived threads on this site for queries similar to yours. Tons of people ask for reference advice here and you're bound to find stuff while you're waiting.

Best of luck,
Dan

Best

Posts: 117 | Location: The Great North of New York State | Registered: 29 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post