Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Is Bradbury a god to you people?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Bradbury a god to you people?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
to Nard: you kill me Smiler I'm a "sinner" because I "missed the target". I love that. I may have completely missed your target, but I'm hittin' mine....I think. And if I'm on that ship headed to a particular port, I'm jumpin' ship before we hit the iceberg!! There are many paths we can take. There is no one path. And you don't have to stay on any particular one. You can change the road you're on, too. That's what's so cool about us. Freedom to choose!!

Posts: 21 | Location: Ubiquitous | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And as the ship sailed on, the party goers partied on, doing whatever they felt like doing! And the ship was so large, they thought it an island and roamed about and went this way or that, and never gave themselves any concern aboard this ship called Earth.

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
libRArY: Interesting analogy.
A musical musing is in the "turntable" posts.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
libRArY

Excellent.

Posts: 21 | Location: Ubiquitous | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apologies. Too much to do tonight and won't get back to purrfectgirl per the Jesus is evil verses.

However, because it would take a lot of time to write it out properly, I'll at least give a thumbnail sketch.

Jesus became all the evil that man ever does to others or himself. He permitted this to be done so he could be crushed by his Father's wrath on wrongdoing. That is to say, God never changes,. He was angry in the Old Testament, he still is, with wrongdoing, or sin. So when His son absorbed it all, he brought his full fury on his son so as to let US free. In that respect, Christ became the worst of all killers, the worst of all sexual predators for a moment in time. Etc etc.

What I need time is to pull out all the biblical references, so that a clear picture will emerge pertaining to this.

Later.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
purrfectgirl,
I’m not taking any sides here. I think that Robert A. Heinlein would have loved to dine and dance with you. And if you fence, oh my!

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Kinda funny when you say no one you know believes in God. Three thousand years of scriptural history talks about an adversary, the devil, who believes in God. I didn't say 300 years. In the most primitive societies thruout history, even the most obscure pagans, inherently and intuitively sense God, even it be distorted.

No no nard, you misunderstand, I believe in God, and I know the majority of America goes along, and say they believe in God, but alot of people I know, lead spiritually poor, Godless lives, regardless of what they say they believe in. I'm saying that the majority is not Christian, as it might have been years ago. I've stopped going to church, and taken my own spirituality to a personal level simply because of the overwhelming amount of Christians I knew that were spiritually poor. Does that Make sense? of course I know thats not all of them.

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That "hide post" is a clever little device!

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
purrfectgirl: to Nard: you kill me Smiler I'm a "sinner"

And you.

Stop being a martyr. No one is persecuting you.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
to WildG: whose being a martyr?

posted Hide Post
(carried over from another thread)
God is Love.
The gates of Hell are locked from the inside!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pastafarian.

haha

posted Hide Post
I and I don get dat, mon.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pasafarian, a parody on religion, can be pretty funny, and meant to be that way.

..... A new generation comes around, staring at what society looks like, what a culture expounds, what the government permits, and cast fresh in iron are the new little children. Anything found of moral value, of hope, of charity, of decency, well, that's input from God. Without that input, we are insidious.

..... "The fear of God is the 'beginning'... of wisdom."

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
I and I don get dat, mon.

Its a supposedly register religion, of people who believe in the flying speghetti monster.

Wink