Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ray's House
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray's House
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depressing.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very depressing, but possibly the most dramatic photo of the destruction!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the side mention of Ray's house in this story, it seems that the tearing down of Ray's home will now be the metaphor for something that should not happen in Los Angeles.

https://homes.yahoo.com/blogs/...n-l-a-013231756.html

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I JUST learned about this a-bomb-in-nation...

What an utter disatah...

Eeker Frowner

I want names!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Parish,

Posts: 86 | Registered: 31 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
. . . The house shuddered, oak bone on bone, its bared skeleton cringing from the heat, its wire, its nerves revealed as if a surgeon had torn the skin off to let the red veins and capillaries quiver in the scalded air. Help, help! Fire! Run, run! Heat snapped mirrors like the first brittle winter ice. And the voices wailed Fire, fire, run, run, like a tragic nursery rhyme, a dozen voices, high, low, like children dying in a forest, alone, alone. And the voices fading as the wires popped their sheathings like hot chestnuts. One, two, three, four, five voices died.

In the nursery the jungle burned. Blue lions roared, purple giraffes bounded off. The panthers ran in circles, changing color, and ten million animals, running before the fire, vanished off toward a distant steaming river...

Ten more voices died. In the last instant under the fire avalanche, other choruses, oblivious, could be heard announcing the time, playing music, cutting the lawn by remote-control mower, or setting an umbrella frantically out and in the slamming and opening front door, a thousand things happening, like a clock shop when each clock strikes the hour insanely before or after the other, a scene of maniac confusion, yet unity; singing, screaming, a few last cleaning mice darting bravely out to carry the horrid ashes away! And one voice, with sublime disregard for the situation, read poetry aloud all in the fiery study, until all the film spools burned, until all the wires withered and the circuits cracked.

The fire burst the house and let it slam flat down, puffing out skirts of spark and smoke. In the kitchen, an instant before the rain of fire and timber, the stove could be seen making breakfasts at a psychopathic rate, ten dozen eggs, six loaves of toast, twenty dozen bacon strips, which , eaten by fire, started the stove working again,hysterically hissing!

The crash. The attic smashing into the kitchen and parlor. The parlor into cellar, cellar into sub-cellar. Deep freeze, armchair, film tapes, circuits, beds, and all like skeletons thrown in a cluttered mound deep under. Smoke and silence. A great quantity of smoke.

Dawn showed faintly in the east. Among the ruins, one wall stood alone. Within the wall, a last voice said, over and over again and again, even as the sun rose to shine upon the heaper rubble and steam: "Today is August 5, 2026, today is August 5, 2026, today is..."

Prophetic, "There Will Come Soft Rains"

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mad

posted Hide Post
"ONE GOOD BREATH WOULD SEND ME UP IN FLAKES. IMPORTANT THING IS NOT THE ME THAT’S LYING HERE, BUT THE ME THAT’S SITTING ON THE EDGE OF THE BED LOOKING BACK AT ME, AND THE ME THAT’S DOWNSTAIRS COOKING SUPPER, OR OUT IN THE GARAGE UNDER THE CAR, OR IN THE LIBRARY READING. ALL THE NEW PARTS, THEY COUNT. I’M NOT REALLY DYING TODAY. NO PERSON EVER DIED THAT HAD A FAMILY. I’LL BE AROUND A LONG TIME. A THOUSAND YEARS FROM NOW A WHOLE TOWNSHIP OF MY OFFSPRING WILL BE BITING SOUR APPLES IN THE GUMWOOD SHADE. THAT’S MY ANSWER TO ANYONE ASKS BIG QUESTIONS!"

I guess this could apply to 10265 as well...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Parish:
I JUST learned about this a-bomb-in-nation...

What an utter disatah...

Eeker Frowner

I want names!

The bastard doesn't seem to have a personal official website, but here is his company's site: http://morphosis.com/

If you are on Facebook, give him an earful here: https://www.facebook.com/thom.mayne

Still taking suggestions as to what is the most horrible thing possible to do to such a low life form which remains within the limits of the law.

posted Hide Post
Someone needs to give credit, where credit is due:
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.c...e-grass-shovel-snow/

Politically speaking, which I try to avoid:
https://video.search.yahoo.com...8903f5f8&action=view

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Three things not to trust:

1. Anyone responsible for destroying Ray's house.

2. Any robot claiming to do all your yard work (or many people making the same claim--don't ask)!

3. Anyone running for public office in 2016.

I need to list English-speaking countries to move to in case a certain person wins!

posted Hide Post
Here in my Bradbury album I've just added three new photos I took Sunday of the new monstrosity that Mayne is putting up on holy ground.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Here in my Bradbury album I've just added three new photos I took Sunday of the new monstrosity that Mayne is putting up on holy ground.

It ought to be raised high in the air, Mayne, his wife, and a few other choice people tied to stakes beneath it, then drop the whole thing onto them. I'd pay to see that.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
It ought to be raised high in the air, Mayne, his wife, and a few other choice people tied to stakes beneath it, then drop the whole thing onto them. I'd pay to see that.

Or maybe, after it's completed, something could be worked out from USHER II.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:

Or maybe, after it's completed, something could be worked out from USHER II.

I like the way you think.