Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thank you, George Fenneman.

(met him once!)

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the secret word is...

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The film series “Billy Bob’s Best … Plus a Few of His Favorites”
begins at 7 tonight with a screening of the Coen Brothers’ film-noir
thriller from 2001, The Man Who Wasn’t There. The award-winning
film co-stars Frances McDormand and James Gandolfini.

The library series -- hosted by film historian Terry Pace, who teaches
English at the University of North Alabama -- includes Thornton’s
hand-picked favorite films from his own work, plus his two all-time
favorite films (the Gary Cooper Western High Noon and the Don
Knotts haunted-house comedy The Ghost and Mr. Chicken).

Thornton also picked his five favorite episodes of his all-time favorite
television series, The Andy Griffith Show. Tonight’s feature will be
preceded by a showing of the 1963 epsiode “Opie the Birdman.”

Thornton will be the special guest for the 2008 George Lindsey UNA
Film Festival, set for Thursday, March 6, through Sunday, March 9.
For details on the festival, visit www.lindseyfilmfest.com.
The free series is sponsored by Pillar of Fire and the library,
located at 350 N. Wood Ave. in downtown Florence. For details,
contact Terry Pace at (256) 366-4512 or tgpace@una.edu ,
or call the library at (256) 764-6564.

I like them French-fried potaters, um-huh.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay,enough is enough!

I listened thru days of the debate between Obama and Keyes in Chicago, when both were aiming for the Senate seat of Illinois. Keyes lost. In fact, he lost by the biggest margin in the history of Illinois politics. Seventeen percent of the vote. Obama was victorious. But anyone who watched the debate saw the deft logic of Alan Keyes, the smarts, the brilliant mind that hammered Obama time and again. Here were two black men slugging it out. It was a brutal 15 rounder. Keyes was the winner. But he lost the election. And why? Because he is a steadfast, 100 percent anti-abortionist, a person who highly values the life of the unborn. And it seems Illinois has more liberal minded individuals than I ever imagined. Keyes has a biblically based understanding of the value of life before birth. A devout Bible believing Christian who loves Jesus. Oh, perhaps Keyes agenda is too narrow and Obama's is wide and inviting. Too bad Obama doesn't see the "small" picture.

Now, I guess it was today, Barack Obama comes out saying he has loved Jesus for 20 years, and is part of a Christian church in Chicago. Keyes said he was suspicious of Obama's faith, that it was not all it seemed to be. So here comes Obama in his proclamations today, while he is a self-proclaimed pro-abortionis...and even sees the partial birth plan Okay!

Oh, did you know Alan Keyes is ALSO running for President?
http://www.alankeyes.com/

Obama is Nice guy. Wonderful speaker. Says he wants to unite everyone. To this I say, BAH! If he says he's a Christian, but can't see the value of the unborn, even tho scripture says God knew you before you were born, then there is something fundamentally missing in his understanding.

No uniting here, Obama.

===============================================

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, everybody! For whomever likes Steve Martin! Also click-on the VIDEO of a career turning point appearance on Johnny Carson's TONIGHT SHOW!

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/13872137.html#

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those of you that live in The O.C. or can get KDOC Channel 56:

The Twilight Zone
I Sing the Body Electric
Fri, Feb 22, 10:30 PM

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt! The episode definitely didn't stand the test of time. Watched it this evening. As Hokey as it gets!

Posts: 162 | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frequently makes the bottom tier on lists by TZ fans.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salamander:
jkt! The episode definitely didn't stand the test of time. Watched it this evening. As Hokey as it gets!

Don't know about the test of time; I suspect it was pretty hokey in its day!

I Sing is definitely a story that works better on the page than on the screen. Although the later tv version called "The Electric Grandmother" was a bit better.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by Salamander:
"jkt! The episode definitely didn't stand the test of time..."

I detest that phrase. (See earlier posts re: Chronological Snobbery)

It imlpies: before my time = unsophisticated/unenlightened,
which is rubbish.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WHO IS THIS MAN?
(See photo attached!)

1) Ambassador to West Germany
2) Head of Vatican Media
3) CEO of Harper -Collins
4) Number 2 on America's Most Wanted
5) Founder of new private space ventures (IPVX)

(check NEXT REPLY for photo of answer)
Check here for the photo in question

ImageFwWhoish.jpg (8 Kb, 15 downloads)

posted Hide Post
THIS
IS
THE
ANSWER
to the
question in above reply box!
Answer question in above box before proceeding with this box.

AFTERWARDS, click on this attachment~

Imagefile000.jpg (14 Kb, 12 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Nard, which of 1-5 is he? (Ambassador? Head of Vatican media? CEO of HC? etc)

Or are you just monkeeing around?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:

Another fine pun, indeed.

Reminds me of yet another: last evening as 4E was leaving the restaurant to make the short trip down the sidewalk to the bookshoppe, his chauffeur Eric complimented him on his lovely black shiny shoes, to which 4E quipped, "well, that's shoe business!"

He's still got it.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:

Another fine pun, indeed.

Reminds me of yet another: last evening as 4E was leaving the restaurant to make the short trip down the sidewalk to the bookshoppe, his chauffeur Eric complimented him on his lovely black shiny shoes, to which 4E quipped, "well, that's shoe business!"

He's still got it.

Forry is the King of Korn!

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post