Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 157 158 159 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
also sounds great. i'll check it out with love and openness

but why?

Posts: 138 | Location: earth? | Registered: 01 January 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Thank you for letting us know this and for bumping up a thread to remind people we have had an off-topic thread with few to no problems for at least a dozen years now!

(Don't tell the kekfrog!)

At least not until he is as old as this thread!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
man you guys are gross

but why?

Posts: 138 | Location: earth? | Registered: 01 January 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
do you really think i couldnt come up with insults for you both, i choose not to cause its wrong and gross

but why?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by infowars?kekfrog:
do you really think i couldnt come up with insults for you both, i choose not to cause its wrong and gross

You did, I deleted them, and you called me a censor and a fascist.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no i didnt. but also i notice you didnt delete your insults. hence the facsist statements prolly

but why?

posted Hide Post
also btw, i say leave them all

but why?

posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/I5EBJh70gek

save myself-willy mason. huge ray fan

but why?

posted Hide Post
Cracked's 40 Covers for Classic Books (If they were Honest)

http://www.cracked.com/photopl...if-they-were-honest/

posted Hide Post
Today's (1/31/2019) FRAZZ comic strip mentions one of Ray's stories in getting to the punchline:

https://www.gocomics.com/frazz/2019/01/31

Posts: 2456 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray's short story, "King of the Gray Spaces", which originally appeared in the December, 1943 issue of the pulp magazine FAMOUS FANTASTIC MYSTERIES, is one of the finalists for the 1944 Retro Hugo Award, which honors work from 1943. The winner will be announced at this year's World Science Fiction Convention, to be held in Dublin, Ireland in August. The competition includes stories by some truly great writers: Isaac Asimov, Robert Bloch (nominated for one of my all-time favorite short stores, "Yours Truly - Jack the Ripper"), Ray's close friend Edmond Hamilton, Anthony Boucher and C. (Catherine) L. Moore. Here's a complete list of the stories competing for the award:

“Death Sentence,” by Isaac Asimov (Astounding Science Fiction, November 1943)
“Doorway into Time,” by C.L. Moore (Famous Fantastic Mysteries, September 1943)
“Exile,” by Edmond Hamilton (Super Science Stories, May 1943)
“King of the Gray Spaces” (“R is for Rocket”), by Ray Bradbury (Famous Fantastic Mysteries, December 1943)
“Q.U.R.,” by H.H. Holmes (Anthony Boucher) (Astounding Science-Fiction, March 1943)
“Yours Truly – Jack the Ripper,” by Robert Bloch (Weird Tales, July 1943)

posted Hide Post
Look! Ray made the papers. Again.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I came across the Harry Bliss comic which is linked below, as I wandered around the internet today. I checked the Board, and noted that it had already been posted by Board member jkt way back in August of 2013, when the comic first appeared in the newspapers. However, because it is so funny, I thought I would post it again, for the benefit of any latecomers who may have never seen it before:

https://raybradburyboard.com/gr...26%2Ftmbss130816.gif

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Richard,

posted Hide Post
Dandelion Wine was a clue on the Jeopardy championship today!