Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
On September 23rd at 10:00 a.m. the city of Los Angeles' Palms-Rancho Park library is going to have a dedication ceremony for Ray. They are hoping for a Q&A with a couple famous author friends of Ray's(disclosed when they confirm) at 11:30 a.m.

This library is closest to Ray's home. He spent fifty some odd years haunting those bookshelves.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only six weeks before you will have wished you had ordered one:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Hall...words=halloween+tree

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A quick review of a few of the comments from posters (from jkt's link) tell the true story on this classic RB All-Hallows animated tale!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Presently, Tantor Audio have four Bradbury titles available on CD for only $6.99.

Death Is A Lonely Business, I Sing The Body Electric and Other Stories, The Martian Chronicles, and The Illustrated Man.

http://www.tantor.com/AuthorDe...sp?Author=Bradbury_R

"I Sing" arrived today. It is sturdy library quality.
UPDATE 9/28/2013: I Sing the Body Electric and Other Stories CD set is now not available for $6.99.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today! Hurry!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Further to Doug's post about the library dedication, my Long Beach friend Steve Barber is tweeting photos from the event:

https://twitter.com/@stevebarber_tt

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The October issue of Los Angeles Magazine has a small interview with Margaret Atwood. In it she says that in her early writings she would channel Ray.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Further to Doug's post about the library dedication, my Long Beach friend Steve Barber is tweeting photos from the event...

Thanks to you and your friend for sharing.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
Presently, Tantor Audio have four Bradbury titles available on CD for only $6.99.

Death Is A Lonely Business, I Sing The Body Electric and Other Stories, The Martian Chronicles, and The Illustrated Man.

http://www.tantor.com/AuthorDe...sp?Author=Bradbury_R

"I Sing" arrived today. It is sturdy library quality.
UPDATE 9/28/2013: I Sing the Body Electric and Other Stories CD set is now not available for $6.99.

Presently, The Golden Apples of the Sun and Other Stories (CD set) as narrated by Michael Prichard is available for $6.99.

posted Hide Post
Here is the opening sequence for this Sunday's, The Simpson's. Look closely at 1:42 into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtgYY7dhTyE

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Here is the opening sequence for this Sunday's, The Simpson's. Look closely at 1:42 into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtgYY7dhTyE

And if you fancy, here's a nice screen capture for your viewing pleasure.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray! The Illustrated Man! Richard Matheson!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On Matheson's left, a family zombie from THE OMEGA MAN.
My, is that a sharpie Ray is using?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

posted Hide Post
Sure looks like one, except the cap is too big.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Surely it's an ink pot he's holding, so the pen is some kind of dip-it-in-the-ink pen. A featherless quill, if you like.

- Phil