Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper - A Miscellany of Topics
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 27

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper - A Miscellany of Topics
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Braling II, even though I was a bit young for the "Adventures of Superman" when it originally aired, I did catch syndicated reruns in the '60's. George Reeves played a slightly more sophisticated Clark Kent as I recall.

I knew Noel Neill was supposed to be in this new movie, and I think she had a cameo in one of the Christopher Reeve movies, too. But, to my embarassment, I completely missed Mr. Larsen.

The credits were obstructed by people leaving--I still don't know if Mr. Williams did the whole score, or if someone else used parts of his original work. Don't know if Margot Kidder was in this movie; if she was, I didn't see her.

The Christopher Reeve/Margot Kidder "Superman" is still one of my top ten favorite movies of all time, but this movie does far more justice to its predecessors than I ever expected.

Posts: 109 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ravenswake,
I haven�t seen �Superman Returns� yet but understand that the musical score was done by John Ottman with heavy use of John Williams original score. The director said that he couldn�t have made the movie the way he wanted to without the original music.

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm! Well, here's a trailer from the original TV Superman of the 50's. And in color? Yep!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFR8bZu_zfs

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw �Superman Returns�. I agree with everything that ravenswake said. This was the Superman movie I wanted to see in 1978. Outstanding!

Braling II,
There was a preview for �Hollywoodland�, the film about how George Reeves died.

Biplane1,
There was a preview for �Flyboys�, a film about World War I pilots over France. Stunning!

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chapter 31, glad you enjoyed it. How did you like the score?

Posts: 109 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ravenswake,
I got to see some 2006 flying and action sequences to the old score which stands up beautifully--is iconic--and some of the new score was wonderfully moving. Very satisfactory score. Incidentally, loved the piano sequence. One of the all-time great keyboard sequences in film. What a hoot!

�That�s really something, Lex.�

�Wait for it!�

posted Hide Post
Okay, now for something completely different with the miscellaneous added...again:::

Just got back from the local grocery store (July 9th, 2006, South Orange County, California, around 10:59PM)...and bought, amongst other items, a green bottle of ""SAMBAZON Protein Warrior Organic Acai"", with the subtitled: ""Antioxidant Superfood Smoothie""...

...Oh Yeah! Now what does it all got? Amongst other items, it's got:
Omega 3, 100 mg;
Omega 6, 960 mg;
Omega 9, 2435 mg;
...as well as organic acai berries, organic evaporated green cane juice, and, get this, Manitoba Harvest organic hemp protein. wOw! How did THAT slip in?

So, I'm thinking, didn't I just listen to something on the radio a few hours ago, that if you were loosing your bearings, you know, like forgetting things, etc...there is this drink for you that will rejuvenate your brain's taste buds, and then I started thinking within 1/145th of a second, all those things on the market to improve memory, like Focus Factor, Memory-Max, that say creates a bigger bite on the brain's comprehensive powers, etc etc... and then...

What's next? Well, chew on this: Probably within 20 years, you will be able to take something that'll make you a genius. Pow! Zip! BAM! Another Bradbury may be as simple as slipping a green pill or a dandelion-colored vitamin shake. What then? How will THAT be protected from falling into the hands of the general public? And who will take it? This has got to be inevitable. The whole market seems to be pointing that way.

==
Other news:
Patrick drove Ray up this week-end to Ventura, Califoria, where there was a successful book signing (on Saturday!). Ray was said to be in fine spirits.

==

Ooover and ooout!!

========
Don't you just love it when you see a single typo, you go and correct it...and this big line comes up at the bottom, as if you did some major revisions, that says:

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 07-10-2006).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know what you mean.

[This message has been edited by Braling II It was originally much longer and more interesting, thought-provoking, and even shocking; but had so many typographical errors and misspellings that it appeared to have been written by an illiterate dweeb, so he got fed up and actually erased most of it.(edited 07-10-2006).]

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brazling II:
I know what you mean.

[This messege has been edited by Bralzing II It was originaly much longer and more interesting, thought-provokeing, and even shocking; but had so many typographical erorrs and mispellings that it appeared to have been written by an illiterate deewb, so he got fed up and actaully erased most of it.(edited 07-10-2006).]

_

You said What!?

posted Hide Post
Drink another one of them hemp shakes, it'll come to ya.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Drink another one of them hemp shakes, it'll come to ya.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder how effective a hemp smoothie would be for back pain?

posted Hide Post
Far out, man!

Seriously, sounds like you may have to get serious about finding and curing the cause, not just alleviating the symptoms. Stretching is very good for the sciatic nerve - slowly. What I do is lean forward with my hands on a countertop with my knees straight and on my toes, then lower my heels slowly to the floor, if I make myself clear.
Vitamin B complex and fish oils help too.

Well, that's all the time we have now for Dr. Braling's Helpful Hints.
Back to our Los Angeles studios and you, Nard...

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife, who is in the health care field, said in the beginning, use cold packs, later, hot packs, and continue to streeetch it out...steeetch it out...

posted Hide Post
Thanks, Nard.
Always valuable input.

And now, before we get Grassy's response, let's all pause for just a moment and thank the divine Miss D for keeping this board clean, shall we?