Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    To ALL Christians: Pray Ray Bradbury into Heaven
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23

Moderators: dandelion, philnic

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
To ALL Christians: Pray Ray Bradbury into Heaven
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Global warming can't be real. Why? Volcanoes. Yep, that explains it. Oh wait... it doesn't.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Al Gore for President!

I'm serious.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
___________________________________________________________________________________________

..... "I will be doing a story, sometimes in the future, about an entire Church of priests who go out into the universe in their search for God, not realizing that God is buried in their hearts. You don't search for it (God) in other places. It is in your breast, in your psyche, and in your soul. I hope to work on that more and publish it in about 2 years."

-Ray Bradbury
March, 2007

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
"Gaia con Dios, my darling..."

wassat.

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Play on words, luv.

("Vaya Con Dios" was a popular song sometime ago. The pun/song just popped into my head. I can't help it - I have the Pun Gene.)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Al Gore for President!

I'm serious.

Me too. We haven't had a good nerd president since FDR, and look what he was able to do.

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray Bradbury is making likely the most amazing statement in his life, (see above) and no one is really paying attention. In fact, if you get a hold of what he's saying, it's against a whole lot he's said in the past.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
He did this theme--very well--in his short story, "The Man".

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
"Leave Ray's personal beliefs out of this forum, that is my suggestion."

I think if you leave RAY'S feelings about religion(or personal beliefs) out of this site, you miss understanding Ray. In addition to the beauty of his language and his magical use of metaphor, Ray touches many of us BECAUSE he has this spiritual sensitivity that comes out in his writing.

How can you say we need to stay focused on Ray, but keep his personal beliefs out of the discussion? Aren't Ray's personal beliefs relevant to discussions about Ray and his writing?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark:
Good to see you here!!!!!

Think this is MUCH more than 'The Man', Ray's Jesus story from the 1940's. I saw the latest version of 'The Man' on stage few months ago, and it had far greater depth. 'Leviathan '99' was amazing. Lots more depth and meaning. Focusing deeply on definition is where Ray seems to be heading!

And yes, Ray's personal beliefs are meshed in his writings.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Ray Bradbury is making likely the most amazing statement in his life, (see above) and no one is really paying attention. In fact, if you get a hold of what he's saying, it's against a whole lot he's said in the past.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't find it particularly contradictory to what' he's always said.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildGravity:
wassat.

Wassat is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:

I'm paying attention.

It's just what I said recently: Everything eventually empties into God. Even Ray Bradbury.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
It's exactly what he's said in the past: "We're all one." Not seeing God as a separate entity from man. Trouble is, Christianity teaches that God is a separate and supreme entity who created man, and that man must be brought to God by means of the understandings found in practising religion. Is this another way of Ray saying, you don't need religion, you're fine as you are? (Look at the narration in "King of Kings," something about people having been created fine and wonderful and therefore, "needed only instruction." This AIN'T from the Bible with all that about being born vile sinners--this is from Ray!)

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion:
WHOOA!
This is not where Ray seems to be going with the quote I posted. He seems to be about to make a turnaround. Perhaps even letting go this notion of man discovering the universe for a blinded god, being HIS eyes and ears as he travels into deep space. That's my take on it.

But your description of man being brought to God sounds almost like doubletalk. Is there something that a person can do to gain God's favor? Nothing! God takes the initiative. You found something in the New Testament that says otherwise? Let me save you the trouble looking. It's not there.

But look if you have to.