Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Needs Help on Research Paper

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Needs Help on Research Paper
 Login/Join

posted
I need help on writing a research paper on Fahrenheit 451. The topic is "The most important book of fiction ever written." I chose this book but I'm finding it hard to find sources that will help. If any of you know where I can find good source on the book the please post. Thanks

-me-

Posts: 1 | Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go to this site and read through the frequently asked questions section:
http://home.wlv.ac.uk/~in5379/faq.htm

From that page:

Are there any books of literary criticism of Bradbury?
The following information is provided by Mr Dark:

There are actually quite a few books on Bradbury and his writing:

RAY BRADBURY (WRITERS OF THE 21ST CENTURY SERIES) Ed. Joseph D. Olander, Martin Harry Greenberg. Taplinger Publishing Co, NY. 1980
READINGS ON RAY BRADBURY: FARENHEIT 451. Ed. Katie de Koster. Greenhaven Press, San Diego. 2000.

RAY BRADBURY: A CRITICAL COMPANION (CRITICAL COMPANIONS TO POPULAR CONTEMPORARY WRITERS). Robin Ann Reid. Greenwood Press, CT. 2000.
RAY BRADBURY (TWAYNE'S UNITED STATES AUTHORS SERIES). David Mogen. Twayne Publishers, Boston. 1986.
FAHRENHEIT 451 AND RELATED WRITINGS:RAY BRADBURY (LITERATURE CONNECTIONS). McDougall Little, Evanstan IL. 1998.
RAY BRADBURY'S FAHRENHEIT 451 (MODERN CRITICAL INTERPRETATIONS). ed. Harold Bloom. Chelsea House Pub, Philadelphia. 2003.
THE RAY BRADBURY COMPANION. William F. Nolan. Gale Research, Detroit. 1975.
BRADBURY: AN ILLUSTRATED LIFE -- A JOURNEY TO FAR METAPHOR. Jerry Weist. William Morrow, NY. 2002.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recommend two books by William F. Touponce, namely "Ray Bradbury", (Starmont Readers Guides, Borgo Press), and "Ray Bradnury and the Poetics of Reverie: Gaston Bachelard, Wolfgang Iser and the Reader's Response to Fantastic Literature". The latter is more advanced but if memory serves aright, it has a whole chapter on "Fahrenheit 451". Good luck! Piers

Posts: 7 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: 29 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post