Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help
 Login/Join

posted
I am working on putting together a lesson and cannot remember the name of a Bradbury story. I remember it has to do with a house and a family who are destroyed because of the technology...can someone please help with the title and where I might be able to find it.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does it have to do with two children who don't like their new resrictions for the nursery so they lead the parents into it only to be eaten by lions because the room malfunctions? Or are you referring to a different story? If it is different, more information would be helpful in solving your title problem.

Summer comes rushing in like the winds of a tornado...except in Michigan!

Posts: 32 | Location: Rochester College | Registered: 03 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably "There Will Come Soft Rains." Try "The Stories of Ray Bradbury" for starters.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I don't know the story that tiewon is speaking of there was one story, not by Bradbury, but still good. It had to do with a house going about it's daily ritual, making breakfast, lunch, dinner, cleaning, reading poetry, even after the people had died (by an atomic bomb I think). And at the end the house gave up, and was burned to the ground by lightning.

Posts: 44 | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, Alexander, the story you've described IS "There Will Come Soft Rains" and IS by Ray Bradbury, 'though you've got a detail or two wrong.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much,

I wasn't sure, but it was an intresting story none the less. I read it last year, but couldn't remember the author. Thanks for telling me, but also could you please tell me the details I got wrong :P just want to know.

Posts: 44 | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you very much for the information. it has been very helpful.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post