Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    "The Utterly Perfect Murder"
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The Utterly Perfect Murder"
 Login/Join

posted
I think this piece by Mr. Bradbury is just completely, and purely genius.

Agree? Disagree? go for it

Posts: 29 | Registered: 20 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree Brodie. The ending was a real shocker.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 21 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
was it really the ending? or just the beginning?

posted Hide Post
The ending was a shocker, but the whole story was awesome.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 21 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well,if ur as intuitive as me,you wouldve seen that coming,it was ok,it didnt catch me

Posts: 11 | Location: victorville | Registered: 19 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang. :/
I'm pretty sure I was sleeping when we read this in class last year :P
And Brodie could probably confirm that. ahahah.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 20 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It may be as you say "predictable" to the "intuitive" mind, but it is still one of the gratest stories written by bradbury

posted Hide Post
"Predictable"? Or "inevitable"?

The former is usually not a good thing. But the latter can be a very good thing indeed. (The essence of good tragedy is to have somebody come to an inevitable end.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah Phil, school-agers falling in love with Bradbury - a very beautiful thing!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indeed!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes! I witness it (9-12) constantly!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brodie C.:
It may be as you say "predictable" to the "intuitive" mind, but it is still one of the gratest stories written by bradbury
considering youve only read a handfull or rays works,i dont believe your entightled to that specific opinion
again
love, Erick

Posts: 11 | Location: victorville | Registered: 19 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And I don't believe you're "entitled" to tell me what opinions I am allowed to have.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brodie C.:
And I don't believe you're "entitled" to tell me what opinions I am allowed to have.
and i dont believe your entitled to tell me what opinions im permited to have bout your opinions and so on and so forth,but considering the hundreds of published bradbury stories and the half dozen weve covered, i dont believe any of us are allowed to judge if this is one of his best,and either way when it comes down to it well only pick our favorites,so theres no way to pick rays best stories considering everyone is in a different situation thats why their favorite ray stories suit them and beyond that chances of replicating that a slim considering everyone is their own person

posted Hide Post
So... Erick, would you mind telling me what the point of this arguement is?, I mean if in my opinion I'm right and in your opinion your right.