Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Another "What story is this?"

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another "What story is this?"
 Login/Join

posted
Hopefully someone here can help me figure this out so I can get a solid night's sleep.

It takes place, I believe, on Mars. The sun only comes out for something like one hour every hundred years or so. The kids are in school learning how to deal with the exposure, and one little girl gets locked in a closet and misses the event....

Pretty sure it was a Bradbury short story I read in 8th grade. The story popped into my head the other day when we got a very brief burst of sunlight in an otherwise typically gray Vermont week, and despite library and bookstore visits, I haven't found the answer yet.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 05 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BostonBanker:
Actually an often asked question...

Takes place on...Venus !

One of Ray's stories dealing with a planet other than Mars.

Title:
All Summer in a Day

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you! And a friend told me she thought she saw a movie based on it? Maybe I'll have to try to track it down.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 05 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bostonbanker, take a look at this FAQ
- scroll down a bit to see the question and answer about the film of "All Summer in a Day".

- Phil

[This message has been edited by philnic (edited 05-06-2004).]

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post