Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Something wicked this way comes.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something wicked this way comes.
 Login/Join

posted
There's only one way to describe that book. It' bookgasmic!

"I fear not the darkness, I fear what it hides..."

"A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having..."

"I think werewolves are cooler. I already turn into a monster once a month anyway..."

Posts: 2 | Registered: 02 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I mean, come on! It's freakin' epic! The part where the illustrated man was in the library with Will's dad is one of my favorite parts of the book.

"I fear not the darkness, I fear what it hides..."

"A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having..."

"I think werewolves are cooler. I already turn into a monster once a month anyway..."

Posts: 2 | Registered: 02 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed! It's also one of the few great scenes in the movie version.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the part where the witch is floating around hanging from the balloon sniffing and scratching the air trying to find the boys. I always wondered how a human being could dream up something that macabre. If I was writer I think I'd always be writing about puppies, kittens, and flowers.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to read Something Wicked This Way Comes for a project my father was doing. I love it. I can't say which part is my favorite because the whole book is my favorite. (I don't know if that made sense...)

What I like the most about Ray Bradbury is that you have to read his other books in order to get some of the plot. This is my opinion anyway. I'm young(er) than most of you probably and haven't read many of his books as I look at Wikipedia.

Posts: 5 | Location: Florida | Registered: 07 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post