Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Looking for Title of Short Story

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Title of Short Story
 Login/Join

posted
This story was only one or two pages - it appeared on a standardized test - and I'm positive that Ray Bradbury is the author.

The story was about a sickly man in a hospital, and a nurse repeatedly instructs him to be still. But when she's gone, he moves . . . and he makes a phone call. I wish I remembered more than I do, and I know that tons of stories probably fit the vague description I gave, but honestly, list them and I'll read through every one. The story was just great, and I'm dying to reread it.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 08 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This sounds like a chapter from "Dandelion Wine".
Scroll down to "Chapter 25-26, (The Window)" in this Wikipedia article and see if this isn't what you're thinking of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dandelion_Wine

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Col. Freeleigh and the boys. "Rumble!"

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, that was just what I was looking for Braling Smiler.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 08 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Br II, btw, that is a great link for DW via Wiki!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was surprised myself!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post