Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dreamscape?
 Login/Join

posted
I once saw on public television, Ray Bradbury theater I think.
About a guy who visits a psychiatrist everyday to discuss his dreams from the previous night.
There is a window in the office, and what you see is a different world every visit to the shrinks office.
The world changes to what he dreams about the night before, and of course the psychiatrist doesn't believe him. I am sure someone knows the real name of this story, I am not finding dreamscape in my searches. Thanks.

Posts: 1 | Location: queens, N.Y. | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may be wrong, but I don't recognise this as an episode of Ray Bradbury Theater. Maybe something else, like Tales from the Crypt or the new Twilight Zone?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might be thinking of The Lathe Of Heaven, which was on public television in the early 1980s. It's based on a book by Ursula K. LeGuin, and both the book and the PBS special are absolutely incredible. Very dream-like, very thought-provoking. It's available on DVD, but if you get it then be sure to get the version that was on PBS. There's a later version that's terrible.

There was a huge movement of people who kept writing to PBS and asking them to release it on DVD. PBS didn't want to, or perhaps couldn't, for various legal reasons. This campaign went on for over ten years and was finally successful.

Posts: 31 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post