Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Did Bradbury write this story?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did Bradbury write this story?
 Login/Join

posted
The LA Times use to have a Halloween short story contest about ths time of year.One year I
was going to submit a story about a Space Ship who returned to haunt the site where it had crashed long ago.I stopped myself before mailing it in when I recalled reading a story
somewhere with a similar theme.Did Ray Bradbury write a story like this? What was it called and what book was it in? I suppose this is a common problem among many who aspire to be writers.

Happy Halloween!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 03 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only spaceship haunting story I can come up with offhand is "Death Ship," which Richard Matheson wrote and adapted into an hour-long episode of "The Twilight Zone" first aired February 7, 1963. Don't want to give too many details so as not to create spoilers for those who haven't read the story or seen the show, but I don't remember Ray ever writing a spaceship haunting story, though if Mr. Death stowing away on a spaceship makes it haunted, then "Mr. Pale" would qualify as a haunted spaceship story.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post