Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Trying to Remember Title of Book Read in '78

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trying to Remember Title of Book Read in '78
 Login/Join

posted
I had a science fiction class in high school. I read a great book that I would like to find and re-read, but alas I can't remember the title. I suspect it was written by Ray Bradbury, but I can't be sure. The story starts with a group of humans walking through a forest. I remember they uncovered an old Camel cigarettes package as if it were a relic. As the story unfolds, they are in a world inhabited by beings much larger than humans. They end up in a city covered by a dome, with a river running through it. The humans are slaves to the beings, and the main character rides on the being. In the end, the main character realizes the beings have weak spot, which if hit, renders them powerless for a while. The character finds the right moment, and makes his escape. Anyone know what book I read? This is driving me crazy.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 07 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not Bradbury, but vaguely familiar.
Maybe Leslie F. Stone's "The Human Pets of Mars"?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II
Thanks. I will investigate your suggestion.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 07 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post