Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Looking for a story

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a story
 Login/Join

posted
Hi everyone - When I was in junior high there was a Bradbury story in our literature book. I don't know the title, but it is about a family who invites their neighbors to a carnival. When it begins to rain, it is revealed that their neighbors are made of sugar and melt.

Does anyone know the name of this story and also if it is in any of his anthologies?

Thanks!!!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is "Rain, Rain, Go Away," by Isaac Asimov.

As you are at least the third person to mistake it as being by Bradbury, that ranks it high on the list of "Stories falsely attributed to Ray Bradbury."

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks dandelion!! I really really appreciate you taking the time to answer me, as this has been bugging me for many many years now.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always glad to help, and knew that one. Sad to say, we have a number of unsolved requests still floating around out there.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post