Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    And the rock cried out

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And the rock cried out
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know why Ray Bradbury is revising his original screenplay or what his final intentions are?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 07 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please forgive my ignorance but I'm not familiar with this screenplay. What is it and wht's it about.

Posts: 16 | Location: north carolina | Registered: 27 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, this question came up before and someone posted a link to an article dated this year: https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791...931071011#8931071011

Also, the story has been requested here an amazing number of times--it is beginning to catch up with "All Summer in a Day" and "A Sound of Thunder" in that respect and I think is ahead of "Dial Double Zero." In the "Find" box in the bar appearing near the top of any page, go to "Advanced Search," type in "And the Rock Cried Out" under exact phrase, and search all forums to see how many times this has come up.

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
spacemanspiff,

Ray originally published the short story of the same name in 1953, and it can be found in three of his books: Bradbury Stories: 100 of His Most Celebrated Tales, The Day it Rained Forever, and The Vintage Bradbury. In the 1950s, around the time Ray was making a name for himself as a screenwriter, the British film director Carol Reed wanted to film it. Ray wrote a script, but the film was never made. Those who have read the script say it is one of the best scripts Ray ever wrote.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post